Russian Chemical Weapon attack in Salisbury

how would you "lose" chemical weapons without passers by finding it?

Use your imagination.

You do know that this was a tiny perfume pump about 3" long, not 300 tons of chemicals packed in oil drums?

how would you "lose" chemical weapons without passers by finding it?

What do villains "lose" all the time? chemical weapons? well yeah that villain Saddam Hussain did

Chuck a small perfume bottle in a big river

I agree with your first sentence . When you say they are supposed to be GRU agents , do you think they are or do you believe in the conspiracy theory ?

I've no idea whether they are or not, but if they are they're pretty sloppy ones! :suspect:

I've no idea whether they are or not, but if they are they're pretty sloppy ones! :suspect:

Ok ,no problem :thumbsup:

They enter our Country from Russia ,get a train to Salisbury poison five people, put a whole English CITY in fear for there lives ,one person is murdered and so on.

They then return to Heath Row get the next flight back to Russia and disappear ..

I seems as though the only sloppy ones are our security services as this was an act of war against our Country Putin and his gangsters (some of them living in London) have got away with it.

They enter our Country from Russia ,get a train to Salisbury poison five people, put a whole English CITY in fear for there lives ,one person is murdered and so on.

They then return to Heath Row get the next flight back to Russia and disappear ..

I seems as though the only sloppy ones are our security services as this was an act of war against our Country Putin and his gangsters (some of them living in London) have got away with it.

And what do you suggest could have been done to prevent it?

Their passports were genuine and they had left the UK before the crime was identified as a chemical attack. A minister on the news this morning stated it is very difficult to prevent such an attack when it has the backing of the Russian state. Surely our own security services should be praised for the good work in identifying the two suspects.

It is not "an act of war against our country". If the Russians did try and kill Skripal it is the Russian government trying to knock off a double agent, maybe because they thought he was up to his old tricks.

And that is if it was them.

Sergei Skripal is a British citizen and was at the time of the attack. That makes the attack - by foreign nationals of a soverign power acting on the behalf of and with knowledge of that power - a clear case of causus belli or an act of war. It matters not that he was Russian too or what he did. British citizens being attacked in the UK? By the Russian government? Innocent bystanders dying? Quite literally wars have been fought over less provocation.

Sergei Skripal is a British citizen and was at the time of the attack. That makes the attack - by foreign nationals of a soverign power acting on the behalf of and with knowledge of that power - a clear case of causus belli or an act of war. It matters not that he was Russian too or what he did. British citizens being attacked in the UK? By the Russian government? Innocent bystanders dying? Quite literally wars have been fought over less provocation.

Well exactly. After killing Litvinenko so publically and brazenly with hard to obtain radionuclides, the Russian junta must have been delighted with the limp and pathetic response from the UK, and figured they could probably do a few more ex-agents in before it would become a real problem. If this follows a pattern, the next one will by assasination using a bioweapon.

If British agents aren't planning to kill Putin in an egregiously obvious and unmistakeably British way - i.e. force feeding him marmite until he expires from hypernatremia, sticking a thousand Union Jack cocktail sticks into his arse, dumping his body into an IBC full of earl grey tea and leaving it on the steps of the Kremlin - then they aren't really doing their jobs.

Another bout of diplomatic hand wringing and sanctions on the part of the EU and UK will make Putin even stronger in Russia.

Well exactly. After killing Litvinenko so publically and brazenly with hard to obtain radionuclides, the Russian junta must have been delighted with the limp and pathetic response from the UK, and figured they could probably do a few more ex-agents in before it would become a real problem. If this follows a pattern, the next one will by assasination using a bioweapon.

If British agents aren't planning to kill Putin in an egregiously obvious and unmistakeably British way - i.e. force feeding him marmite until he expires from hypernatremia, sticking a thousand Union Jack cocktail sticks into his arse, dumping his body into an IBC full of earl grey tea and leaving it on the steps of the Kremlin - then they aren't really doing their jobs.

Another bout of diplomatic hand wringing and sanctions on the part of the EU and UK will make Putin even stronger in Russia.

Quite why the UK didn't invoke Article 5 at the time is beyond me. It might have jsut sent the needed message out in an unequivocal fashion.

not really, they did what they had to do and got away. chucking it away, they dont care, sneak it into the country, without getting it found. Do the deed, get rid of the offending article so A: you dont get sick, B: get rid of the article so you can get away.

they succeeded on all counts, thats not sloppy it was succesful