Russian Chemical Weapon attack in Salisbury

What are you suggesting?

The interview is absolutely laughable, it would have been much better to just keep quiet than concoct this ridiculous story.

They travelled to Salisbury twice because the first time was to ‘check a timetable’ - because that makes total sense! If they went to Salisbury to see the cathedral, why did they go via the Skripal’s house, which is nowhere on route (CCTV has captured them near the Skripal house).

I'm not suggesting anything, but the interview struck me as natural rather than staged. Maybe that's just me.

The key bit I think is the derogatory tone of the interviewer/interpreter who says "Salisbury, A wonderful town?" in such a way as to infer 'why would anybody go there (except to poison people?') This is the only bit I've seen repeated on news broadcasts.

There's a slightly longer version here:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/men-claiming-salisbury-suspects-were-110509454.html

But I would like to see the whole interview, not just bits taken out of context to support a view, before I made up my mind whether I thought they were genuine or not. It's too easy to jump to conclusions.

I'm not suggesting anything, but the interview struck me as natural rather than staged.

You are kidding right?

Their description of Salisbury cathedral is so wooden, its almost as if they're reading it from Wikipedia.

Petrov said: 'Our friends had been suggesting for a long time that we visit this wonderful town.'

Boshirov said: 'There's the famous Salisbury Cathedral, famous not only in Europe but in the whole world. It's famous for its 123-metre spire, it's famous for its clock, the one of the first-ever created in the world that is still working.'

If you're passionate about something you certainly don't act like that.

If someone recommended New York to you they wouldn't say "you must visit The Empire State Building because its famous for being 443 metres tall."

You are kidding right?

Their description of Salisbury cathedral is so wooden, its almost as if they're reading it from Wikipedia.

As I said earlier, this is pure Soviet era propaganda where people believe it because the state media are feeding you the story rather than because it is credible.

Sadly many folk in the west are now developing that very same susceptibility to fake news. :suspect:

That interview was like a scene from a Monty Python sketch the Russians and their gangster boss Putin are laughing at Britain ,we should chuck all the ones that have stolen their peoples assets ,land and money out of London and confiscate the property's that they have accumulated .However we will not do so because our own financial sectors are hand in glove with these gangsters.

we should chuck all the ones that have stolen their peoples assets ,land and money out of London and confiscate the property's that they have accumulated .

Would that include the Duke of Westminster?

Even if police now revealed clear CCTV footage of them walking up Scripals drive and spraying the door handle with the perfume bottle Putin would just repeatedly maintain it had been faked until public interest in the story moved on to the next story. Its how Trump works as well.

I remember when Trump was fielding questions about some dodgy goings on and he put an end to the questions by saying "in the next few days there will be a BIG announcement which will prove what Im saying is true" (or something along those lines). Of course, there was no announcement over the next few days but by then things had moved on.

Would that include the Duke of Westminster?

Of course all the Royals are living on stolen lands and assets , its the same the whole World over.

As I said earlier, this is pure Soviet era propaganda where people believe it because the state media are feeding you the story rather than because it is credible.

Sadly many folk in the west are now developing that very same susceptibility to fake news. :suspect:

As soon as i read yesterday that Russia had said im sure we will hear their side of the story from those accused i thought here we go, concocted story by Russia here we come lol

---------- Post added 13-09-2018 at 18:51 ----------

Even if police now revealed clear CCTV footage of them walking up Scripals drive and spraying the door handle with the perfume bottle Putin would just repeatedly maintain it had been faked until public interest in the story moved on to the next story. Its how Trump works as well.

I remember when Trump was fielding questions about some dodgy goings on and he put an end to the questions by saying "in the next few days there will be a BIG announcement which will prove what Im saying is true" (or something along those lines). Of course, there was no announcement over the next few days but by then things had moved on.

for those that missed my Russian disinformation game post

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11923777&postcount=1349

All the way from Russia to visit Salisbury Cathedral.

No mention of Stonehenge which is only a 20 minute drive from Salisbury and much more famous. :loopy:

This is so amateurish, the Russians and Putin are treating us with contempt and taking the <removed>

Edited by nikki-red

This is so amateurish, the Russians and Putin are treating us with contempt and taking the <removed>

There's speculation that, rather than providing proof of Russian innocence to the rest of the world, it was aimed at an internal audience - to discourage dissent.