Russian Chemical Weapon attack in Salisbury

Who knows whether this chap has come to the correct conclusions in his write-up, but it certainly makes interesting reading.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/03/the-novichok-story-is-indeed-another-iraqi-wmd-scam/comment-page-1/#comments

The following excerpt does jump out at me though, and as a complete non-expert, I have to agree with the sentiments;

Given that the OPCW has taken the view the evidence for the existence of “Novichoks” is dubious, if the UK actually has a sample of one it is extremely important the UK presents that sample to the OPCW. Indeed the UK has a binding treaty obligation to present that sample to OPCW. Russa has – unreported by the corporate media – entered a demand at the OPCW that Britain submit a sample of the Salisbury material for international analysis.

Yet Britain refuses to submit it to the OPCW.

[The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) is a UN body based in the Hague.]

They are wrong.

The UK is submitting a sample to the OPCW.

They are wrong.

The UK is submitting a sample to the OPCW.

Good, glad to hear it .

Thanks for the info, been out all day, so must have missed it in the news reporting. Just out of curiosity, was the comment in article correct when written?

Good, glad to hear it .

Thanks for the info, been out all day, so must have missed it in the news reporting. Just out of curiosity, was the comment in article correct when written?

It is Boris Johnson who has said we are sending a sample so things could change

Hardly comparable but I understand your point.

We should still step back and remain calm.

May’s judgement is appalling and I fear that she’s making this up as she goes along. It’s all very convenient for her and an excellent distraction from her other problems.

Is every other world leader making it up? Get real and join the real world, crap that it is.

You could be right. But let’s confirm that with some actual evidence.

You mean apart from the evidence that the UK has shown the US, Germany, France etc that has convinced them that this was an attack by Russia? Why isn't that evidence good enough?

---------- Post added 15-03-2018 at 20:30 ----------

Hardly comparable but I understand your point.

We should still step back and remain calm.

May’s judgement is appalling and I fear that she’s making this up as she goes along. It’s all very convenient for her and an excellent distraction from her other problems.

Oh come on this is laughable.

You think May is making this up as she goes along? You are well within crazy conspiracy theory territory there - I thought you were better than that.

Edited by Robin-H

https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/the-british-governments-russia-nerve-agent-claims-are-bull****-a69b4ee484ce

Okay. Do I have to comment on my link so it isn't taken down again?

if comments are deleted surely we should be given a reason in order to not make the same mistake again.

BTW, I think some of the views in the article are very interesting and might shed a little more light on the situation..

I think he's a Wednesdayite?

:hihi: Well at least we have something in common.

I'm certain that they know more than you Anna too.

Corbyn was blathering on about high resolution trace analysis which rather means that hes been fed a line and doesnt know what hes actually on about. He doesnt really care one way or another - he's one of the original awkward squad and will do anything to make like awkward for the Govt.

He sometimes forgets he's the leader of Her Majestys LOYAL opposition and he sometimes really should put the country ahead of his astroturfing.

To be fair to Corbyn for a moment, he's the leader of the opposition in an adversarial chamber. It's his responsibility to unpick and question the PM and "make life awkward for the government."

I don't for a minute think Theresa May would be able to tell a GC/MS from TEM either, so of course he's been fed a line, but I expect he's been told that the only way to determine where the CW agent came from would be through analysis of the impurities to see whether they correlate with known impurities in precursors from different origins.

Worth noting the PLP fully supports all of the government's actions against Russia, Corbyn believes the Russian government or a rogue element within it to be responsible. I've just heard him say those exact words.

Who knows whether this chap has come to the correct conclusions in his write-up, but it certainly makes interesting reading.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/03/the-novichok-story-is-indeed-another-iraqi-wmd-scam/comment-page-1/#comments

The following excerpt does jump out at me though, and as a complete non-expert, I have to agree with the sentiments;

Given that the OPCW has taken the view the evidence for the existence of “Novichoks” is dubious, if the UK actually has a sample of one it is extremely important the UK presents that sample to the OPCW. Indeed the UK has a binding treaty obligation to present that sample to OPCW. Russa has – unreported by the corporate media – entered a demand at the OPCW that Britain submit a sample of the Salisbury material for international analysis.

Yet Britain refuses to submit it to the OPCW.

[The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) is a UN body based in the Hague.]

Why give it to any U.N based organisation , they are impotent . Just look at the atrocities happening around the world , and all you hear is this should happen, that should happen and nothing happens :rant:

Is every other world leader making it up? Get real and join the real world, crap that it is.

I’m not saying they are. But I’d rather see protocols followed and some hard evidence.

I’m not going to spend one second apologising for stepping back and taking a calm and rational approach.

The first nerve agent attack in Europe in 70 years is not going to be followed up by another one any time soon. Step back, get it confirmed, cut the jingoistic crap.

---------- Post added 15-03-2018 at 23:39 ----------

You mean apart from the evidence that the UK has shown the US, Germany, France etc that has convinced them that this was an attack by Russia? Why isn't that evidence good enough?

---------- Post added 15-03-2018 at 20:30 ----------

Oh come on this is laughable.

You think May is making this up as she goes along? You are well within crazy conspiracy theory territory there - I thought you were better than that.

I don’t regard that as evidence.

It’s some information provided by a severely crippled U.K. administration and a PM lacks credibility and desperate to appear strong and stable.

What is laughable is jumping on a jingoistic bandwagon without evidence. No doubt I’ll be agreeing with you soon enough but May and her government are going to work much harder to bring everybody on board. Evidence in this case shouldn’t be difficult. Samples are available. Let’s wait.