R.I.P Sir Ken Dodd squire of Notty Ash

LOL during mi mates radio show last night i asked for a doddy song and he ranted about that he called him

"A tax dodging buck toothed freak"

bit heavy i think but has elements of truth to it i suppose

.......says more about your mate than Doddy!..........I'm sure he would have done some cash in hand jobs........but I'm also pretty sure he would have contributed more in tax to the running of this country than any of the political miseries on here!

LOL during mi mates radio show last night i asked for a doddy song and he ranted about that he called him

"A tax dodging buck toothed freak"

bit heavy i think but has elements of truth to it i suppose

And you told me to stop whinging.

.......says more about your mate than Doddy!..........I'm sure he would have done some cash in hand jobs........but I'm also pretty sure he would have contributed more in tax to the running of this country than any of the political miseries on here!

tbh i dont know if he was a tax avoider or not, was a sad day him being marmalised tho :( another part of my childhood gone.

---------- Post added 13-03-2018 at 18:05 ----------

And you told me to stop whinging.

i wasnt whinging, it was a convo bit about the apparent tax avoidance which i never knew about.

Yeah,at least Ken never became a tax exile like a lot of celebrities, i.e. living abroad to avoid UK taxes, and most of them were knighted a long time before Doddy. Examples like Tom Jones, Sean Connery, and many more who also did it whilst in their prime earning years in the 60s and 70's.

One of his jokes I liked was (and a tad sexist now) -

Q:How many men does it take to change a toilet roll ?

A: Dunno, it’s never been tried !

Diddymen names please . I can only remember Dicky Mint and mick the marmaliser . And not Diddy pay , Diddy .... That was not a diddy man :)

---------- Post added 13-03-2018 at 22:51 ----------

One of his jokes I liked was (and a tad sexist now) -

Q:How many men does it take to change a toilet roll ?

A: Dunno, it’s never been tried !

What a fine day for putting a cucumber through the vicars letterbox , and shouting , watch out the martians are coming :) . Watched a programme on telly last night and had tears of laughter streaming down :hihi:

A great, great man. I saw his show several times over the years. What a performer. There will never be another, esp. as the opportunities for gaining experience in WMCs have disappeared too. He was on BBC Radio 4Extra tonight in an already-scheduled repeat of a 1970s programme.

Best line about him, posted by someone elsewhere: his funeral will be on Wednesday. And Thursday. And Friday. And part of Saturday...