Local remapping and EGR delete recommendations

6 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Not something I'd recommend, but presumably it's difficult to detect without plugging a computer in and in most cases insurance companies wouldn't ever check for it.

As REmaps are getting more and more popular it could prove a costly mistake if the Insurance company did check the engine map for its authenticity after a claim. If the original map is altered and not declared, no doubt they would not pay out.

Angel1.

8 hours ago, geared said:

Depending on the insurer the premium increase for a remap can be completely negligible but it varies from company to company.

I drive a modified vehicle and all declared to insurance (for a hefty premium). 

I have not yet had the car remapped however it's on the cards. 

Having spoken to my insurer they're happy for me to do so & providing, in total, the modifications including the map, do not increase my power output over 25% then I've no increase on my premium. 

On 19/04/2019 at 18:13, ANGELFIRE1 said:

As REmaps are getting more and more popular it could prove a costly mistake if the Insurance company did check the engine map for its authenticity after a claim. If the original map is altered and not declared, no doubt they would not pay out.

It's not something I've heard of before, it would require an official database of every single stock ECU map from every manufacturer which I'm not sure is available?

Also as it's not something visible it's quite possible to purchase a second hand car thats been mapped and unless the seller discloses this you'll never know, especially as not all ECU remaps are for out and out power.

Hi!

I've got Mazda takuya 2.2 diesel 163bhp, year 2012. Anyone can suggest trustworthy and |reasonably priced place to remap the engine to get a bit more power, torque and economy? I can see prices vary  £150-350. 

Thanks