Why do men shave?

I shave my face because it feels uncomfortably itchy after a day or two when I don't. I had a beard when I was younger because they weren't fashionable at the time, but when George Michael grew a goatee, I knew it was time to say goodbye to facial hair.

I've often been tempted to shave my "Niagara's", but never had the b.... , Sorry, courage to do it.

Because we look odd with a beard

Obviously you've never been in the Embassy :)

I shave my face because it feels uncomfortably itchy after a day or two when I don't. I had a beard when I was younger because they weren't fashionable at the time, but when George Michael grew a goatee, I knew it was time to say goodbye to facial hair.

I've often been tempted to shave my "Niagara's", but never had the b.... , Sorry, courage to do it.

Don't use a cut throat or you won't have the balls lol

I think shaving is overrated. I prefer to rip it out with a pair of mole grips like a real man.

Nah, a real man just carves his face off with a Stanley knife. The bonus is you only need to do it once.

I had to do this when I had a vasectomy - it feels quite nice afterwards (the smooth plums, not the vasectomy, although that's not nearly as bad as people make out).

I remember the 1970s so I am morally unable to grow a beard or mustache, although I can physically do so in about 4 days. However, I can't be arsed with shaving either, so I am shaven for 1 day then look like a murderer for 2 days then shaven again. It helps that I don't really care what I look like!

Guest makapaka

Never shave - sometimes trim it down low but never wet shave. Just an unnecessary task.

---------- Post added 12-03-2018 at 23:59 ----------

Always make sure my face is clean shaven though :hihi:

To keep cool in the summer months?

My OH runs the clippers over his face, neck and head when he starts to look a little too much like Captain Birdseye (the old one, not the hunky, trendy new one).

When he did shave daily his face was constantly in a phase of painfully sharp regrowth on my sore and eczema prone face so I don't really care whether he shaves or not, as long as his face is either properly smooth or past the gritty sandpaper stage and soft again.

As for why women shave, I have no idea. I just got waxed within an inch of my life for so many years that my follicles haven't bothered starting into the growth cycle for the last decade or so.

I remember the 1970s so I am morally unable to grow a beard or mustache, although I can physically do so in about 4 days. However, I can't be arsed with shaving either, so I am shaven for 1 day then look like a murderer for 2 days then shaven again. It helps that I don't really care what I look like!

You obviously do, otherwise you wouldn't be so anti-beard. Perhaps you should seek counseling or maybe join a self help group ;)

I find a light dusting of Cuticura "mildly medicated" talc alleviates the aforementioned itching. (No, I don't work for the company.)

Well not shaving is just lazyness and looks scruffy and puts years on a person. Washing and shaving spells hygiene to me. Just my own personal opinion sorry if it offends some. :roll:

If the hair was not meant to be there then surely it would not grow.

Admittedly shaving is necessary if one wishes to obtain a good secure fit for some types of respirator.

There are those that perhaps don't know that beard that is not washed daily is a potential source of repeated, even perpetual, stomach or gastric maladies. It just takes good hygienic practice to remain hale if one has a beard.

I also believe that if you wish to live your life without being in a partner type relationship with a woman and all the potential downsides of that then deterrence a beard can provide can be worth many times its weight in gold.

I do strongly believe vanity is primarily a female trait and men shaving or sculpting their facial growth seems to be like vanity to me. Just my own personal opinion sorry if it offends some.

Edited by fill
it needed editing

Because we look odd with a beard

The bearded woman in "The Greatest Showman" does, at first- but, after a while, the beard has no impact at all. She's phenomenal for her voice alone.