Blonk Street Public Toilets - Construction Works?

What lack?

"public toilets" does not necessarilly have to mean on street council run operations.

There are 7 official public toilets in the city centre signed up to the Community Toliet Scheme which have to offer their toilet facilities to the public regardless of whether you are a customer or not. https://www.sheffieldbid.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/LAVS-MapFeb18.pdf

There are toilets in both the main and arundel gate interchanges. There are toilets in the railway station. There are toilets in the Town Hall, Howden House and Central Library.

There are mandatory toilet provisions in every single cafe, bar, pub, restaurant, department store, cinema, theatre and hotel for customers.

There are mandatory toilet provisions in every office building, university building and clinic for employees and authorised visitors.

How many do you need???

Are you the forums closet expert?

What lack?

"public toilets" does not necessarilly have to mean on street council run operations.

There are 7 official public toilets in the city centre signed up to the Community Toliet Scheme which have to offer their toilet facilities to the public regardless of whether you are a customer or not. https://www.sheffieldbid.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/LAVS-MapFeb18.pdf

There are toilets in both the main and arundel gate interchanges. There are toilets in the railway station. There are toilets in the Town Hall, Howden House and Central Library.

There are mandatory toilet provisions in every single cafe, bar, pub, restaurant, department store, cinema, theatre and hotel for customers.

There are mandatory toilet provisions in every office building, university building and clinic for employees and authorised visitors.

How many do you need???

The scheme only appeared because the publicly funded ones were disappearing. The toilets in the railway station aren't free. Pubs have signs saying 'toilets for customers only' etc. The public toilets by the town hall are now a bleeding cocktail bar.

I love the shape of this building! Quite bizarre to think that a former public convenience is to become an eatery, but this area is now prime hotspot for office workers and I would imagine that it will do good trade. Even more so if this Sheffield Castle area takes off.

There will be thousands tourists flocking in to view the Castle now it has been exposed , the Bull and Mouth will need a revamp with an extensive wine list.

Did I read somewhere that there are plans to turn the old toilet on Blonk Street into a bar?

They've been renovating it for over a year now, I thought it was going to be a Coffee shop

I saw someone in a high vis jacket a few days ago standing on the outdoor terrace bit so it looks like it's not been completely abandoned

4 hours ago, redbig said:

They've been renovating it for over a year now, I thought it was going to be a Coffee shop

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:46 AM, Albert smith said:

There will be thousands tourists flocking in to view the Castle now it has been exposed , the Bull and Mouth will need a revamp with an extensive wine list.

Might be some regrets that they closed the Alexandra Hotel (building is still there), as it sits virtually on top of the old castle.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:24 AM, GOLDEN OLDIE said:

Did I read somewhere that there are plans to turn the old toilet on Blonk Street into a bar?

Yes but into a cafe and yes it is at Blonk Street/Castlegate as there are no toilets at Ladys Bridge.