Blonk Street Public Toilets - Construction Works?

Guest makapaka

Sounds great doesn’t it?

All these investments are very good news indeed and the pollution and noise fears should gradually start to recede , with battery powered cars and buses slowly becoming of more use .

That looks really good, just wonder exactly how long it is going to take to implement, especially as it all dates back 12 years or more.

I wonder if any of us contributing to this forum will still be around when this comes to fruition. In fact will there still be human life on the planet or will human life have left for planets new :cool:

I noticed the scaffolding recently and looked for info on SheffieldForum and this thread is all I found.

It's now November and while the structural work looks advanced, I would have expected them to have finished it by now.

I also found this article talking about it.

https://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/food-and-drink/article/Derelict-city-centre-toilet-to-become-caf-bar-

They have a facebook account (@2riverssheff) but that hasn't been updated since April.

Would like to try a coffee there as it may have some interesting views of the rivers and the entrance to Megatron (I think).

P.S. also found an article saying the same people are renovating an arch space on Shude Hill that used to be the Barrow Boys Pub N Grub. They are calling it Rag N Tag, it has a facebook page as well (@Ragntagsheffield) with little activity since March. Not seen what's going on there so will have a drive past when I am in the area.

https://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/food-and-drink/article/Historic-city-centre-bar-to-be-restored-

If anyone has any news about the projects I would be interested.

Edited by GQsm
reword

Indeed. The OP is perhaps a little 'geographically challenged'.

Fantastic contribution to the thread :rolleyes:

I noticed the scaffolding recently and looked for info on SheffieldForum and this thread is all I found.

It's now November and while the structural work looks advanced, I would have expected them to have finished it by now.

I also found this article talking about it.

https://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/food-and-drink/article/Derelict-city-centre-toilet-to-become-caf-bar-

They have a facebook account (@2riverssheff) but that hasn't been updated since April.

Would like to try a coffee there as it may have some interesting views of the rivers and the entrance to Megatron (I think).

P.S. also found an article saying the same people are renovating an arch space on Shude Hill that used to be the Barrow Boys Pub N Grub. They are calling it Rag N Tag, it has a facebook page as well (@Ragntagsheffield) with little activity since March. Not seen what's going on there so will have a drive past when I am in the area.

https://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/food-and-drink/article/Historic-city-centre-bar-to-be-restored-

If anyone has any news about the projects I would be interested.

Great article and research. ('Historic' Barrow Boy bar, when did it achieve that fame ?)

building work seemed to stop for ages but then seemed to pick up pace, before grinding to a halt again. Hopefully they'll get around to finishing it eventually

nice to see new investment in the area,and with apartments being built in that area it could do well

Sounds great doesn’t it?

I think so too. I wonder if the new café bar will get a lot of people popping in to 'spend a penny'. The lack of public toilets is terrible if your busting to go.

I think so too. I wonder if the new café bar will get a lot of people popping in to 'spend a penny'. The lack of public toilets is terrible if your busting to go.

Interesting that the Government gave some kind of financial incentive to keep public toilets open in this week's budget. As far as I'm aware the last ones closed in Sheffield years ago.

What lack?

"public toilets" does not necessarilly have to mean on street council run operations.

There are 7 official public toilets in the city centre signed up to the Community Toliet Scheme which have to offer their toilet facilities to the public regardless of whether you are a customer or not. https://www.sheffieldbid.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/LAVS-MapFeb18.pdf

There are toilets in both the main and arundel gate interchanges. There are toilets in the railway station. There are toilets in the Town Hall, Howden House and Central Library.

There are mandatory toilet provisions in every single cafe, bar, pub, restaurant, department store, cinema, theatre and hotel for customers.

There are mandatory toilet provisions in every office building, university building and clinic for employees and authorised visitors.

How many do you need???

Edited by ECCOnoob