Cash only house sales

Daughter and boyfriend are currently looking to buy their first home . Yesterday they saw a couple of houses in their price range but they were cash only sales . Can anyone explain whats in it for the seller or the buyer in a cash sale ?

More likely means that nobody is prepared to lend a mortgage on it - is it of non standard construction ?

Daughter and boyfriend are currently looking to buy their first home . Yesterday they saw a couple of houses in their price range but they were cash only sales . Can anyone explain whats in it for the seller or the buyer in a cash sale ?

Maybe they've got a very short lease remaining and are therefore un-mortgageable?

Thanks to the both of you . All I can add it that they were normal houses but cheap 80k/90k .

It can just as easily mean that they looking for a quick sale and don't want messing about with chains, drop-outs and mortgage delays.

It can just as easily mean that they looking for a quick sale and don't want messing about with chains, drop-outs and mortgage delays.

Doesn't make sense though, you might have to wait a couple extra months for a cash only buyer to come along, and even then there's no guarantee you won't get messed around.

They could quite easily make a lowball offer or even gazunder the seller because they know they have the upper hand.

usually they are cash only as they are in their present condition unmortgagable due to the building condition, short lease or of non standard construction (i.e concrete reinforced panels). usually only any good as buy to let unless you plan on staying for a good while .

Thanks to the both of you . All I can add it that they were normal houses but cheap 80k/90k .

ooh, you moving to my side of the city then?

Just think, you and me, as neighbours :)

ooh, you moving to my side of the city then?

Just think, you and me, as neighbours :)

No, as you put on another you are too classy :hihi: . Im happy stopping in the leafy suburb that surrounds Hackey Towers :)

No, as you put on another you are too classy :hihi: . Im happy stopping in the leafy suburb that surrounds Hackey Towers :)

Lucky you, Amey cut all our trees down :(

But we have nicely-tarmacced roads though :D

Lucky you, Amey cut all our trees down :(

But we have nicely-tarmacced roads though :D

" nicely tarmacked roads " for now :hihi:

" nicely tarmacked roads " for now :hihi:

I spoke too soon.

The recent snowfall has already broken the surface of our nicely tarmacked roads

:help: