Using head phones with a tv with no jack plug. Socket

I have a LG tv and it has no socket for headphones, I got round this buying a adapter that connects to the scart socket that was in my Sky box. I’m getting rid of Sky and buying a Humax HD 1100s recorder does anyone know if I’m able to get another type of adapter that I can use with the new box because it doesn’t have a scart socket. Thank you for any info. Alan.

Thank you both for getting back to me. The Humax has a hdmi socket. Alan.

HDMI would go to the TV other boxes would connect to the back of the Humax.

I'd have a look at the back of your tv, if it has an optical out for the lindy box I'd connect it there.

I have to agree, using the optical output is the way to go. That should work on any TV and the TV should passthrough anything coming in from the other ports.

You might need to look out for a setting on the TV to tell it to output only PCM Stereo over SPDIF.

Thank you all for the help and information Its much appreciated. Alan.

Honestly, i'm surprised it doesn't have a headphones socket, mine says "Phones/Line-Out" - and I have to select in the menu if it's being used for Headphones or Line-Out (Line-Out disables the volume control for the output)

What's the exact model of the TV?

An other option, is to use the red and white 'audio-out' from the TV, buy a phono > 3.5mm (socket) and job done... ;)

Hello Ghozer,

It doesn’t have a headphone socket I didn’t realise this at the time of buying. I went back to the shop and it was the same with more of the TV’s not just LG. I’m not sure which model it is just that its 32inch with free view. I cannot find the instructions book. I managed to sort out the problem by purchasing a scart

connector with a adapter to add headphones and used it in the Sky box but the new Humax box doesn’t have a scart. Alan.

One of these wil do what you want, but it’s line out so will have no volume control (more than likely the same as your previous scart adaptor).

aoeyoo® HDMI to HDMI + Analog Audio Converter / Digital to Analog 3.5mm Stereo Audio Extractor https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NAJ4UM2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_c6RPAb7FAT95V

And Ghozer, I have 6 TVs in my house and not one of them has a headphone socket.

Edited by steroc

That's really going to need a headphone amp as line out isn't nearly powerful enough to drive headphones.

And Ghozer, I have 6 TVs in my house and not one of them has a headphone socket.

really? i'm surprised.... got 3 here and every one does...

I guess it's something i'm going to have to start making sure I have in the future...

(one of them however, it's on the back, and I can select if it's headphones or line out)