Morrisons garage Hillsborough

Does anyone know what's going on at Morrisons garage Hillsborough? For weeks now they have had a sign saying " no unleaded petrol in certain pumps." It seems everyone is guided to the unleaded pumps where you have to pay by bank card.

I've been told that this is what they are trying to do, phasing cash out in favour of the plastic card. Not everyone wants to pay with card and not everyone has a bank card.

Are they doing the same thing at the Ecclesfield Morrisons?

I would imagine that most of the supermarket petrol stations will be aiming to reduce their staffing costs by converting to be totally unattended, like the newish Asda petrol station at Manor Top.

It makes sense financially even if there's a whole sector of the public that is alienated and unable to buy from them because they have cash in their hand rather than money in the bank and a debit card. I still work in cash for a lot of things, so I don't relish the thought of how it's all going either, but it's getting to be a rather minority position.

It's probably having a refit, or there could be a fault with one of the petrol storage tanks, they will have to close the petrol station while this work takes place. I was in there a month ago and a refit team were taking photos, measurements etc. If the tank needs replacing they will have to remove the old one which is a site shutdown job. The usually fill the tank with concrete or something

You do not have to pay by card: the pumps on aisle 1 certainly do not force you to. "Press button to pay at kiosk" it says on the screen...

If they are going for the totally unmanned option they will have to do something about their carwash.Have had to be rescued twice now as it has broken down with my car inside!

I really hope every petrol station becomes card only. It's much easier and quicker to do so. No need for min wage people behind a cash register taking change.

Doesn't make business sense.

If they are going for the totally unmanned option they will have to do something about their carwash.Have had to be rescued twice now as it has broken down with my car inside!

No way will I use this, i have seen 2 cars roofs severely dented by this contraption, just above the windscreen. Also a wing mirror hanging by the cables.

Any petrol station with a shop is unlikely to be card only. They want you in there buying your Werther's and Ginsters.

I really hope every petrol station becomes card only. It's much easier and quicker to do so. No need for min wage people behind a cash register taking change.

This.

There's always some trumpet that fills up their car and then sods off to do the weekly shop inside.

Can't pull that trick if there's no shop, they can sod off somewhere else!

This.

There's always some trumpet that fills up their car and then sods off to do the weekly shop inside.

Can't pull that trick if there's no shop, they can sod off somewhere else!

One of my pet hates.....why don't they move the car off the pumps before they go to do thier shop..

Edited by truman

One of my pet hates.....why don't they move the car off the pumps before they go to do thier shop..

You cant really do a "shop" in the shop at Morrisons Hillsborough, its tiny. But in general...people probably dont want to fill up, go in to pay, then move the car to then go back in again.