Road works little london rd/chesterfield rd

any one know wot all the road works are far on the above rd.. outside b&m and lidle .... thanks

Been going on for nearly a year now, but seeing as no one ever seems to be working on it, it's no nearer completion!

I think it's due to be completed by the summer. So still a while yet.

Hopefully they resurface the road when they're finished as it's absolutely destroyed now, huge pot holes everywhere.

It's like driving through an obstacle course.

Hopefully they resurface the road when they're finished as it's absolutely destroyed now, huge pot holes everywhere.

It's like driving through an obstacle course.

Take it you've not looked around the area in general? There's craters everywhere in the roads! No plans to resurface them of course.

I think it's due to be completed by the summer. So still a while yet.

Summer 2020 and by then the next brilliant scheme will start which takes another two and a half years. The Sheffield way!

I'm impressed with how the widening of Chesterfield Road has progressed. It's major works to shore up the railway embankment, Lidl car park and the surgery car park. They've kept the main road open the whole time, no mean feat. I fully expect them to resurface the main road, pavements and side roads after the works have finished. It'd make zero sense to do anything before all the heavy machinery has left.

I'm impressed with how the widening of Chesterfield Road has progressed. It's major works to shore up the railway embankment, Lidl car park and the surgery car park. They've kept the main road open the whole time, no mean feat. I fully expect them to resurface the main road, pavements and side roads after the works have finished. It'd make zero sense to do anything before all the heavy machinery has left.

Suspicious post, given its your very first, and that absolutely no one, anywhere seems 'impressed' with the progression as its been going on so long! It's quite the local joke.

Your post reads more like an advert, which, given it;s your first, makes me just a little suspicious as to whether you might, just possibly, be involved with the project in some way.......

I find it fascinating. The scale of the work is huge - they’ve kept businesses operating, the railway operating and the road open. Must be thousands of tons of concrete gone in to shore everything up and move the wall back.