Man sentenced to life for brutal murder

Would you feel different if the killer had been your son.

No I wouldn't feel differently, I'd want nothing to do with such a dangerous and disgusting individual! My heart goes out to the victim's family, not him.

Clearly the perpetrator of this crime had mental health issues.

According to the various Psychiatrist doctors that assessed him over a number of weeks he did not.

A psychiatric assessment had concluded Heeley had no diagnosable psychiatric disorders

Judge Paul Watson QC said: "It is clear that it was always your intention to kill her when the two of you met.

"Putting it shortly, you killed her for the sake of it.

good!!!!! and likes of that <removed> jon venables who got 8 yrs of comfort for killing and sexual assualting poor james bulger. to be let out of his cushty unit. on several new names.. and to then offened twice since realease and gets stupid pathetic sentenes for his vilal crimes.this man whos never gona change... needs exposing for the publics safety and our childrens saftey.. anyhow rant over... hope he gets wots coming soon...

Edited by nikki-red

Waste of taxpayers' money keeping this vile scumbag housed, fed and watered for 24.5 years. I'd definitely support having the option of capital punishment in (very limited) cases like this where the accused has admitted the murder and not expressed any remorse whatsoever (indeed quite the contrary).

easy way out, let him rot and suffer in jail, sometimes its not a waste of money, its wisely spent.

Cant agree with capital punishment (even with cases like this) once you open the can of worms its hard to get the worms back in.

good!!!!! and likes of that <removed> jon venables who got 8 yrs of comfort for killing and sexual assualting poor james bulger. to be let out of his cushty unit. on several new names.. and to then offened twice since realease and gets stupid pathetic sentenes for his vilal crimes.this man whos never gona change... needs exposing for the publics safety and our childrens saftey.. anyhow rant over... hope he gets wots coming soon...

There is a reason why this doesnt happen: because the vast majority of the general public can't be trusted not to grab their pitchforks and go and hand out their own version of justice.

Edited by nikki-red

According to the various Psychiatrist doctors that assessed him over a number of weeks he did not.

So a sane human being would murder another human being? I don't think so I'm afraid. The attacker here is not normal. He is better locked up behind bars, away from society.

So a sane human being would murder another human being? I don't think so I'm afraid. The attacker here is not normal. He is better locked up behind bars, away from society.

I'd agree, but this case provides evidence to the contrary.

He was perfectly sane, but did it anyway. It's harrowing.

It's harrowing.

Agree completely. But to suggest he should also be murdered is also harrowing.

The death penalty is never the solution.

But to suggest he should also be murdered is also harrowing.

and did I ever do that???

Please don't put words into my mouth.

Edited by geared

Waste of taxpayers' money keeping this vile scumbag housed, fed and watered for 24.5 years. I'd definitely support having the option of capital punishment in (very limited) cases like this where the accused has admitted the murder and not expressed any remorse whatsoever (indeed quite the contrary).

Bring in capital punishment for those who admit their crimes and guess what, no one will admit it for fear of being put to death.

He could just be bad rather than mad, we don’t have to give everything a name or class it as an illness, some people are just nasty and cruel and he’s obviously one of those. He’s a waste of skin and oxygen!

I went past Sheffield Crown Court on the bus this morning and wondered why all the police cars and people were outside. I don’t think they had yet been inside but suppose the case will be on Look North tonight. I didn’t realise it was such a serious murder case.