Suspected bomb plot Abbey Lane .

The article seems to suggest there is no device and the 3 arrested are for the purposes of searching the property.

"At this time, no device has been found and officers would like to reassure residents that the wider community are not at risk.

What if it’s right wing nutters instead of the Islamic ones? :suspect:

What if it’s right wing nutters instead of the Islamic ones? :suspect:

who mentioned "Islamic nutters" eh?

<snip> ...scary stuff and its about time internment was brought in to take these lunatics off our streets.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Good intelligence. Solid evidence. Proper prosecutions and robust sentencing.

That’s the proper way.

But is that not the problem? Sentencing rarely seems to be robust especially when often only serving half (or less) of the term given and also allowing terms for a number of crimes to be served concurrently.

Perhaps USA have the solution with 100+ year sentences, then I would not be so concerned about only serving 50% of the sentence.

Post 40.....

Post 40.....

So sensive mafya and 'realcockney', who started the thread and never mentioned the dreaded 'I' word.

It was the elephant in the thread with everyone tip-toeing around the thing which almost everyone was thinking.

Why can't they give us the names or description of those arrested it would save a lots of hot air and speculation.

Remember the recent house explosion Liecester or Coventry?- go on be honest what did you think before it was revealed that it was persons of eastern european decent.

(Look at the last 5 words, I do it too, not sexist, not racist and not hateful, politically correct me!)

Edited by Flanker7

So sensive mafya and 'realcockney', who started the thread and never mentioned the dreaded 'I' word.

It was the elephant in the thread with everyone tip-toeing around the thing which almost everyone was thinking.

Why can't they give us the names or description of those arrested it would save a lots of hot air and speculation.

Remember the recent house explosion Liecester or Coventry?- go on be honest what did you think before it was revealed that it was persons of eastern european decent.

(Look at the last 5 words, I do it too, not sexist, not racist and not hateful, politically correct me!)

Stop talking twaddle!

)

Erm, I merely thought it was a gas explosion, dodgy boiler or something. It does happen, you know....

I think you implied that in your 1st post with internment, i'm afraid.

At the moment there are Isis-wannabe nutters and Alt Right nutters that would even think of building a bomb; crude or otherwise.

And you don't intern your own kind, history would tell us, so through process of elimination...;)

Wonder why they were relaying the road outside the property on Sunday morning.