Sheffield Wednesday v Ipswich Town 06/03/18

Rhodes is blowing cold and cold.

exactly its why hes in my list above of 3 to get rid of to save billions of pounds

Ipswich are about as mediocre as they come.

Wednesday are poor.

Probably a draw.

Ipswich are about as mediocre as they come.

Wednesday are poor.

Probably a draw.

we'll lose, this season was over ages ago

We’ve got a few high earners out of contract in the summer and selling Winnall would raise more then £5m, not bad for a £500k outlay.

I’ve a feeling DC may be considering flouting FFP and going for it, risky but if it works.......

You think you'll get 5 million for winall?

You think you'll get 5 million for winall?

Bolton got £6m for Madine, Winnalls scoring record is far better in comparison.

Bolton got £6m for Madine, Winnalls scoring record is far better in comparison.

Not really comparable though are they.

Cardiff needed a forward in January. They signed a player who was having a good season, was essential to Bolton, on low wages and Bolton didn't need to sell.

Winnall.... Well the owls appear they need to reduce costs, need some funds, have a player which had deemed surplus to requirements, on a high wage for a championship player. Also it won't be at a time where a player purchase is pushed through.

Not really comparable though are they.

Cardiff needed a forward in January. They signed a player who was having a good season, was essential to Bolton, on low wages and Bolton didn't need to sell.

Winnall.... Well the owls appear they need to reduce costs, need some funds, have a player which had deemed surplus to requirements, on a high wage for a championship player. Also it won't be at a time where a player purchase is pushed through.

He's currently injured and will be for a long time so not even a saleable asset at present, if Derby don't go up they'd want him, neither you, I nor anyone else knows what his wage is so to say its high is pure speculation. It wasn't so much deemed surplus there had been problems between him and other players, he's been named as a "bad egg" in some quarters, it wasn't as straight forward a situation as you imply.

He's currently injured and will be for a long time so not even a saleable asset at present, if Derby don't go up they'd want him, neither you, I nor anyone else knows what his wage is so to say its high is pure speculation. It wasn't so much deemed surplus there had been problems between him and other players, he's been named as a "bad egg" in some quarters, it wasn't as straight forward a situation as you imply.

tbf youre the only person that mentioned a price for Winall, thats what Robbie is pulling at

tbf youre the only person that mentioned a price for Winall, thats what Robbie is pulling at

No he mentions he's on a high wage - we don't know what the wage structure is so speculation.

We’ve got a few high earners out of contract in the summer and selling Winnall would raise more then £5m, not bad for a £500k outlay.

I’ve a feeling DC may be considering flouting FFP and going for it, risky but if it works.......

makes it look like Winall is worth 5 million

Don't think Wednesday are in danger of going down. Even I'm not getting excited about the possibility.

This game does carry some importance though.

Wednesday need to bounce back (no pun intended) after that Bristol result.

Probably be the lowest attendance of the season.

Maybe another 0-0, in front of a disgruntled crowd.

Come back Carlos, all is forgiven.

Mick McCarthy was born in Barnsley, I think he's going to like this confrontation,

A bad egg? Another reason people may not want to pay £5 million.

Also you're assuming derby will want him.

As for what he earns, or in fact what others earn, them you're right, we don't know for certain.

But as you allude to, you have a few 'high earners' contracts coming to an end, how do you know they are high earners? How do you know that their contracts aren't some of the lowest at the club?

Of course, you and I both know they are in the high earners, because their approximate wages are always leaked.