Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 3)

I dont think you will get any joy from wickes, as it is not there land you have parked on.

but please update us on your reply from wickes, 

Hi

Looking for some advice regarding a parking fine. 

I took my nan shopping on a Saturday afternoon to the retail park just off the parkway. We parked just outside card factory as my Nan isn't very mobile and needs to be as close to the shops as possible. I don't have a disabled badge for her with not being her primary carer. however she does have a wheelchair that we take with us. we parked and  I took the wheelchair out and we went into card factory and then I wheeled her across to the other shops. Week and a half later I get a parking fine from Horizon Parking saying I I went over the 1 hour parking limit. I assumed because the other car park across from the card factory is a 3-hour stay that it would be all 3 hours stay but apparently it's not. Can I contest this parking fine? I probably wouldn't have parked there if I wasn't with my nan on was just that the parking space is a little bit bigger and nearer to where we needed to be. It does not give any information on how to contest the parking fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

You'd have to go back and see what the signs say, if they're missing or not clear you've got something to appeal against.

If you parked directly under one that states 1 hour only you're abit stuffed.

How much over the hour were you?  The general advice from the experts is, if you wish to fight the charge (invoice), DO NOT PHONE them and DO NOT say who the driver was, you do not have to do that.

Read the advice given on MSE site "NEWBIES"  https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Hi, 

I'm currently awaiting a reply from Wickes who have been amazing. They are contacting G24 Ltd to request they waive the fine on this occasion. Persistence has paid, and refusing to be intimidated by accusations and threats of debt collectors and court appearances. I've yet to hear how G24 will respond, and no idea whether this sets a precedence or l just hit on a generous customer service person at Wickes, who of course, as it was pointed out want their customers to be happy bunnies.

Regarding Laurajill l can only tell you my experience and that would be to write/ email to the shop's customer services dept and explain your predicament. Let them know this is the first time this has happened and that you love their store, aswell as your grandmother's difficulties with mobility...  

Let us know how it goes..

On 21/10/2019 at 16:53, laurajill said:

I took my nan shopping on a Saturday afternoon to the retail park just off the parkway. We parked just outside card factory as my Nan isn't very mobile and needs to be as close to the shops as possible. I don't have a disabled badge for her with not being her primary carer.

If she has a blue badge all she has to do is carry it with her, it makes any car she's travelling in valid for disabled parking.

When my dad comes over to stay he brings his to use in my car.

Hi 

Wonder if anyone can give me advice.  Have received a claim form from a Northampton county court business centre for a parking fine from Tesco car park Berkley centre in June.  Wondering to defend claim or contest jurisdiction?

Not come across this before - anyone familiar with what 'contesting jurisdiction' entails?

Any help gratefully received.

Have you ignored previous letters until the claim? What was the contravention at tesco? Why contest jurisdiction?

9 minutes ago, carosio said:

Have you ignored previous letters until the claim? What was the contravention at tesco? Why contest jurisdiction?

Hi. Yes - thought had 2 hours free parking, had parked for 80mins.  tbh I'm not sure what it means - thought it meant I'd have to got to Northampton?

You should have had a Letter Before Claim from  the parking company. No you won't have to go Northampton, it's just where they administer and send out the small claims correspondence. If you want some more info on my experience, send me a PM and I will suggest sites for legal advice.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/lofiversion/index.php/t126153.html

11 minutes ago, carosio said:

You should have had a Letter Before Claim from  the parking company. No you won't have to go Northampton, it's just where they administer and send out the small claims correspondence. If you want some more info on my experience, send me a PM and I will suggest sites for legal advice.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/lofiversion/index.php/t126153.html

cheers, will message