Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 3)

14 hours ago, woodview said:

I meant one set of plates, in each direction. So there was one camera, which took the car going in, and the same camera took it going out? eg front plates going in, back plates coming out?

I've successfully fooled the system by WALKING up to one with a number plate, and then doing the same an hour later.

They still tried to claim their invoice without even checking the pictures - it's an automated claim system throughout.

14 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

A photo of a car reversing off would look much the same as one of a car approaching. I've had a couple of these demands and they show the front and rear number plates.

They dont care what the car looks like because they never check...

1 minute ago, Obelix said:

I've successfully fooled the system by WALKING up to one with a number plate, and then doing the same an hour later.

They still tried to claim their invoice without even checking the pictures - it's an automated claim system throughout.

ooooh, that sounds interesting................. 👿👿

Edited by woodview

Walked past on the pavement with a cracked plate to the car shop. Walked back the other way with a new plate...

If spotted both and issued a ticket. Since the camera had no planning permission and was capturing images on the highway, the ICO went to... well they did nothing because they are useless. I think they said "naughty boy"

The counterclaim at court stopped them from dropping the case though and I cleaned them up for £250.

2 hours ago, Obelix said:

Walked past on the pavement with a cracked plate to the car shop. Walked back the other way with a new plate...

If spotted both and issued a ticket. Since the camera had no planning permission and was capturing images on the highway, the ICO went to... well they did nothing because they are useless. I think they said "naughty boy"

The counterclaim at court stopped them from dropping the case though and I cleaned them up for £250.

Ha, well done.

You should walk past every day, they 'should' have also took action to stop their ongoing infringement....

On 13/02/2019 at 11:01, Obelix said:

Very happy to hear you won your case, well done!

I have recently a car parking fine at the Francis Newton Brocco Bank ....and over ran my stay...I have called the debt collecting agency and not very helpful insisting I must pay or go to court....?

Does anyone know where I stand legally as I do not want it to affect my credit rating etc... 

5 hours ago, Jonesal2 said:

I have recently a car parking fine at the Francis Newton Brocco Bank ....and over ran my stay...I have called the debt collecting agency and not very helpful insisting I must pay or go to court....?

Does anyone know where I stand legally as I do not want it to affect my credit rating etc... 

Don’t ignore a private parking company’s invoice.  Ignoring it use to be ok (years ago) but the parking companies organised themselves a legal compromise (if we do this ...). Ignoring it could end up with a CCJ against you and a drop in your credit rating. 

First stage is to appeal - google it, follow the appeal instructions on their invoice (within the time they allow you - maybe you have already missed that boat if the debt collecting agency is involved?)

What you are looking to achieve is a breakdown of the charged amount.  

Your reply: “this is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss” - that’s it.   I won on behalf of my daughter years ago.

See here:  https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/genuine-pre-estimate-of-loss/

7 hours ago, Jonesal2 said:

Did you ignore initial claims such that it was passed onto a 3rd party debt collector?  Or more likely if this is the first you've heard about it, these aren't debt collectors, but are the parking enforcement company, appeal it via the procedure on the paperwork.

Hello All,

Thought i would add to this. My wife mistakenly parked in Chap WMC carpark for 11mins. 

Mistake made fair enough but then getting a fine for £100 from parking eye is disgusting.

Is Pepipoo the correct way to fight it or is there anyone that can fight it on your behalf?

Thanks.

Remember it's not a fine, it's a speculative invoice in the hope that you will pay up. At this stage, don't contact them and certainly don't say who the driver was, else it narrows the options. Was it a windscreen ticket or a postal invoice?

I've found MSE more helpful than Pepipoo.

Unfortunately it was sent via post. Yes it is a speculative invoice lol.