Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 3)

My other half ignored the letters and eventually received a Court summons. To avoid the stress and timewasting preparing a case/going to Court we eventually paid around £300.

Putting aside whether or not the parking companies would win in Court, they do and will take it all the way to Court.

Thanks, never had a parking fine before, glad I haven't paid it.

My other half ignored the letters and eventually received a Court summons. To avoid the stress and timewasting preparing a case/going to Court we eventually paid around £300.

Putting aside whether or not the parking companies would win in Court, they do and will take it all the way to Court.

As mentioned previously, it's not a fine, rather it's a speculative invoice.

That said, it's legal and winnable in County Court by Parking Eye in the absence of a viable defence, or the recipient ignoring all paperwork.

They are one of the more litigious companies, so ignoring is a bad choice.

First port of call would be the club.

Thanks, I'm going down to the club later about it!

Thanks, I'm going down to the club later about it!

Check out the signs and photograph them too. I don't know if Google Streetview is out of date, but the signs on there say parking for patrons only.

Nothing about contracts, agreements or charges like are normally displayed.

Hello Everyone, I have received a fine from UKCPS for parking at the car park for KFC and Costa Coffee. I have always parked there to go Woodseats Medical Centre on Chesterfield Road South. I have received a NTC, please advice?

Hello Everyone, I have received a fine from UKCPS for parking at the car park for KFC and Costa Coffee. I have always parked there to go Woodseats Medical Centre on Chesterfield Road South. I have received a NTC, please advice?

Just show them your receipts from KFC or Costa.

You'll have to do some reading:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

I read somewhere that this firm is (or was) barred from obtaining keeper details from DVLA, if that's so then you can ignore the ticket, but check first.

They are clearly not barred otherwise they would have not been able to send the invoice to the poster's address.

It really is time that the law returned to where it used to be, when only the police or local authorities were allowed access to that data.

They are clearly not barred otherwise they would have not been able to send the invoice to the poster's address.

It really is time that the law returned to where it used to be, when only the police or local authorities were allowed access to that data.

It has happened that some drivers (if they have had a windscreen ticket) have contacted the company and revealed their address.

Received a parking charge of £90 reduced to £50 if paid within 28 days from “euro car parks”. Is this enforceable?

Probably not if you follow advice given in the the link in post #66

Received a parking charge of £90 reduced to £50 if paid within 28 days from “euro car parks”. Is this enforceable?

If you ignore it then yes, it is.

Have a look at the pepipoo forum, it's far more up to date on what to do than this forum.