Fitzalan square regeneration

1 hour ago, Zarniwoop said:

It is being done by a private company - Amey

Who are notorious for being rubbish which is why other councils have cancelled Amey contracts and brought things back in house... To save tax payers money and actually get the job done. Not Sheffield though... Still pretending their contracts with Amey are value for money. 

22 hours ago, Zarniwoop said:

It is being done by a private company - Amey

Amey!, that says it all, when they worked on road improvements on Gleadless Road one of their managers stole over £2,000 worth of stone wall toppings, then lied through their teeth when I complained. They eventually replaced the stolen slabs with something resembling stone.

They are the biggest skivers ever, I wonder just how much the contract is worth.

Edited by lazarus

Aside from the time it’s taking to complete the work, it looks like a great design to me that will really improve the area.

It would be a tribute to the past if one of the bars / restaurants was named 'Marples'.

To complete the transformation, SCC has surely got to get rid of the remaining bookies & the amusement arcade? 

On 27/11/2019 at 16:04, Bargepole23 said:

https://hygge-cafe-sheffield.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral

Something new appearing in Fitzalan Square on the back of the regeneration.

Road resurfacing this weekend also.

Will see how much of a difference demolishing those shops just up from the bingo hall makes as well. Guess it's being done as part of the same thing.

I wonder if the new layout will deter the 'layabouts' from congregating in the area?  

On 02/03/2018 at 13:24, leftylou said:

Where were the tree huggers?

Oh yes, it doesn't affect them does it?

If it's not knocking money off their houses, they don't give a stuff.

Were you there?

11 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

I wonder if the new layout will deter the 'layabouts' from congregating in the area?  

Not unless they build a glass Police cabin there and make sure it's always staffed.

Where are they when they are not arresting tree huggers?

It does feel a little safe now walking down there - demolishing and opening up the MECCA bingo hall area was a great improvement , and there is a better variety of cafes and shops there now than just betting shops 🙂

• Like 4