Fitzalan square regeneration

Yes, the Roscoe, the Nelson what a dive you dare not look at any body, Muck Duck some good bands on there, Buccaneer, getting signed in to the Student’s Union for cheap ale then down to Fargate to the Wimpy, the Fiesta to see Tommy Cooper who was an hour late, what a miss spent youth, happy day's.

---------- Post added 26-02-2017 at 15:29 ----------

Does anyone remember a club called the Salt & Pepper is was at the back of the Peace Gardens in the 1960’s demolished to make way for the Egg Box Council Offices, it was a bit of a Beatnick set up low tables reed matt’s and coffee.

That's a fair point, but again the Leopold Hotel would have the same issue yet it seems to be doing ok. If the hotels felt their client base needed a car park I'm sure they could find a solution: underground or rooftop car park spring to mind. Neither would be cheap so they'd need to be certain that people were put off by their being no very close car park before going for it.

The Leopold lease some spaces in the Q Park on Rockingham Gate, I think the Ibis do something similar with the Q Park near it, it's not hard for hotels to find a solution.

I know trees have become a Sheffield issue but what oh what is going on in Fitzalan square?

Why are they chopping them down this morning?

Madness---the only bit of real greenery in the area....are SCC mad?

Where were the tree huggers?

Oh yes, it doesn't affect them does it?

If it's not knocking money off their houses, they don't give a stuff.

Is the correct answer.

Part of the "£5.6m facelift" I guess, although in the artist's impression the mature London planes (which I assume are the ones being chopped down) are still there.

Making room for another betting shop?

Of course they give a stuff, but they weren't aware of this until it was well under way.

Of course they give a stuff, but they weren't aware of this until it was well under way.

It has been discussed on here before.

Looks like the contractors were streets ahead, this time.

It has been discussed on here before.

Looks like the contractors were streets ahead, this time.

I meant they weren't aware it was happening today. Can't be watching everywhere all the time.

There just seems no rhyme or reason to SCCs logic these days ... why are they at pains to chop down mature trees in the city centre when they are at pains to plant new ones, under risk of vandalism and traffic pollution, in other parts of the city centre ?

:mad:

Funny.

Half the time the tree protesters are castigated for not living on the streets they are protesting on, the other half the time they are slagged off as only being interested in the prices of their properties?

Which is it?