Me: "<sigh>, no its a computer"

Maplin: "The BBC makes computers? Is it a PC or a Mac?"

The conversation got worse when they asked what it was for:

Me: "A BBC micro"

Maplin: "The BBC? Is it for a television?"

Me: "<sigh>, no its a computer"

Maplin: "The BBC makes computers? Is it a PC or a Mac?"

Heh heh........

There is a shop on Eccleshall road that sells all electronic. They also give better advises than maplins.

where abouts on ecclesall road are they

do you know its called

Bring back Roger Gould's toy shop at Banner Cross! That was a good toy shop. Still got a paper bag with the soldiers on.

Maplins downfall was their Markup. A 1 Meter 3.5 Phono lead £7.99

Exact same thing in Poundland = £1

No difference in quality...;)

Last time i was in Red Gates they had Dinky toys on the shelf for £1.95. Now worth £Hundreds.

My mum used to bug me on my birthday, Let's go upstairs and look at the cuddly toy's first..!! Damn, yes mom.

Maplin went from being an electronics supplier to an electronics goods retailer. They moved from being one in a market place of maybe half a dozen to one in a market place of hundreds.

When the catalogue stopped weighing more than the Yellow Pages, that's when the rot set in.

Maplin went from being an electronics supplier to an electronics goods retailer. They moved from being one in a market place of maybe half a dozen to one in a market place of hundreds.

When the catalogue stopped weighing more than the Yellow Pages, that's when the rot set in.

Your view...!

It wasn't because they were trying to rip folks off with their inflated prices and tacky gear?

Your view...!

It wasn't because they were trying to rip folks off with their inflated prices and tacky gear?

The tacky gear came in when they became a "goods" seller rather than a "components" supplier...

The tacky gear came in when they became a "goods" seller rather than a "components" supplier...

Fair enough...I get what you mean..;)

why didn't maplin stick to its holiday camps?

hi di hi.........

Ill miss Maplin as it was a great place to look and stuff and try it out before hitting buy now with an online retailer for half the price as I walked out the shop. Also saved carrying it to the car.

Toys R Us was just in a sad state. Been there a few times in the last few years (Have a 3 year old) and it just felt like an empty warehouse with more staff than customers. Never enjoyed going.