Fishing charity needed

Hi can anybody tell me of a charity which could put fishing tackle to good use it would be good if its in or near sheffield as I don't have transport to deliver it

You'll be lucky to find one that will pick up your gift.

I tried to get rid of some tackle from my wife's uncle, what a ball ache that was.

In the end it all went to the tip.

One thing I didn't try was charity shops, perhaps a phone round to local shops may work.

When Mercury Taxis were operating, some of the drivers used to organise fishing trips for disadvantaged kids for which I gave them a couple of reels. I see one of the drivers occasionally so i'll ask if they still do it as i've got some stuff they could have.

Good luck

When my dad passed I tried giving stuff away, ebay, st lukes. Still got some stuff.

There are auction sites but they seem to be mainly for Hardy, split cane etc..

I have asked colleagues in AT and C&RT if anyone has any contacts will post when and if they come back

Many thanks for your help found a charity who will put it good use

Glad you found a good home for it

If the detail is not sensitive could you please share detail /contacts as this is something I can share through my contacts at the Angling Trust , Canal And River Trust and fellow anglers in South Yorkshire

Fly fishing gear can be donated to Fishing 4 Schools via the Ladybower fishery office; I dropped off my (now disabled) fishing pal's gear there last year. They may be grateful for coarse fishing equipment too; you could call them and ask - 01433 659712.

Many thanks for your help found a charity who will put it good use[/quote

Which charity was it? I've got some tackle i want to give away

its a charity to help the homeless it is called emmaus its near hyde park flats they will collect any donation free of charge

There is an amazing, little known charity based at Abbeydale Industrial hamlet. They teach and help children with special needs. They are always grateful for donations of fishing tackle. We're going there today to donate Dad's fishing tackle. He only passed away earlier this month but we know he'd be delighted that his rods etc will be put to good use. I will post contact details and more info after the visit.