Car Battery advice

Paid for one only two weeks ago from AllBatteries off the web

Half the price of the local garage’s quote, problem was I had to fit it myself and then take the old one to the Dumpit Site

Although I ordered it two weeks ago it took a week to arrive, possibly because it came from somewhere near Lyon in central France.

It’s fine and was identical to the one I swapped.

our local scrapman pays a fiver for them

Andrew Page, do you have one of those?

I think they supply a lot of Internet firms. The last battery I bought from the internet came from Andrew Page.

What's tha battery place on shoreham ? Street they are usually good on prices

South Yorkshire Battery's. They moved to Edmund Road. They are very good, check the battery and charging system for you.

A car neither knows nor cares how much you paid for its battery! ?

IT cares a great deal about the quality of the battery. If you buy a cheap battery then iot's very likley to be poor quality, hence my comment that only monied fools can afford to buy a cheap battery.

---------- Post added 27-02-2018 at 09:33 ----------

It’s on a Hyundai i40 and it smart chargers apparently

You will want an AGM battery then since I think they have the stop-start tech yes?

IT cares a great deal about the quality of the battery. If you buy a cheap battery then iot's very likley to be poor quality

I didn't mention quality, I mentioned price. Last autumn I bought a Yuasa YBX5000, list price £190 for £89 on the internet with free p&p. At less than half price I would certainly call that cheap. As for quality, Yuasa are one of the best car and motorcycle batteries produced.

And on the subject of AGM batteries, I'd avoid if you do a lot of distance runs as AGM chemistry is very susceptible to over charging.

And Euro Car Parts although reasonable for most things list very expensive batteries on their website.

I'd call £89 expensive myself unless you are talking about a 200Ah monster but I'm tight.

The car is a stop start and the charge system will be expecting an AGM - add a silver cadmium one or similar and it'll get the wrong charge.

Buy cheap you will buy twice. Only a monied fool can afford to buy cheap batteries...

Tayna is usually the cheapest place I find for batteries.

I bought a m/cycle battery online from here..ordered just before 4pm,arrived the following morning...excellent friendly service and cheaper than anywhere else for same item....highly recommend...:thumbsup:

I’ve now had the battery changed but my stop start is still not working any ideas?

on some cars auto stop / start is thermal so doesn't kick in this weather

I’ve now had the battery changed but my stop start is still not working any ideas?

Look into whether your car's electrical system needs reinitialising when changing a battery.

On Peugeots and Citroens its called the "BSI Reset" and if you don't do it you get all kinds of problems.