Home Security Ideas

if you have garden fencing or walls. i found the anti-climb grease paint liberaly applied to the top along with a strip of fence spikes works wonders at keeping the feckless at bay, the last one that tried to climb over our back garden could be heard screaming half way down the street.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fence-Wall-Spikes-13-5M-BROWN/dp/B0046YJNCM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519741636&sr=8-1&keywords=fence+spikes+cats

Most crims are not deterred by CCTV because they simply cover their faces to avoid identification. If you are going to get CCTV, you need to get a system that notifies you via your mobile when movement is detected, at least then you can deal with the issue as it happens.

To be fair, most houses around us that do not have CCTV seemed to have had a fair amount of crime, CCTV does deter, as you will tend to find the average scrote will aim for a softer target with little or no security at all, rather than on a property that has outwardly displayed their security.

To be fair, most houses around us that do not have CCTV seemed to have had a fair amount of crime, CCTV does deter, as you will tend to find the average scrote will aim for a softer target with little or no security at all, rather than on a property that has outwardly displayed their security.

Doesn't seem to be the case where I live. Most of the houses with CCTV have been done over. The crims just simply cover their faces so they cannot be identified. Video evidence is next to useless if you cannot identify the culprit.

How good is the CCTV? All I see on appeals after the event are grainy photos of masked crims.

We have eight 6mp cameras round the house, one of them is a pan and tilt camera, we also have a high power infrared flood light on the rear of the house, the picture quality is amazing.

How about an extremely territorial but sadly mute Rottweiler. I can think of nothing more petrifying than dropping into someone's property and just making out the outline of a Black and Tan shadowy figure but with the added thrill of glistening white teeth!!

Yep, someone's heading for a bad day!

---------- Post added 01-03-2018 at 18:10 ----------

We have eight 6mp cameras round the house, one of them is a pan and tilt camera, we also have a high power infrared flood light on the rear of the house, the picture quality is amazing.

But basically you're broadcasting that you have something of value. So the thief dons a balaclava and decides to smash up your home for the hassle you've caused him.

The best security is deterrent, pain usually makes people think twice!

whatever you do please dont be buying one of them stupid ring door bells no one who is going to rob your home is going to ring the bell!!

How about an extremely territorial but sadly mute Rottweiler. I can think of nothing more petrifying than dropping into someone's property and just making out the outline of a Black and Tan shadowy figure but with the added thrill of glistening white teeth!!

Yep, someone's heading for a bad day!

I have a Rottweiler and a very keen German Shepherd. In the summer they live in a kennel outside with the run of my very large dog proof garden.

I also turn the security lights off.

It would make a lovely surprise for some scrote!

".................................

Home Security get a Dog or Anne Widicombe. The Latter of the two more Scary.:gag:

6 hours ago, TitusDaniel said:

Hi guys. Sorry for bumping the old thread. We've recently moved to a new house, so we'd like to install a security system. Our house is not large, actually, so I hope it won't cost much.

Are you looking for DIY recommendations, or suggestions for a company to do it for you?

One of my neighbours has a camera on the front doorknob