Digital Compact Camera - good zoom

Hi .. as it’s been a while since anyone posted asking about a compact digital camera ... thought I would do so now.

Looking for one with a good zoom - around £200 and under please.

You might be lucky to get one for that price.... I paid £300 for a Sony XF90v, but got £50 cash back...

Happy with it though...

Olympus sp800 or sp820 the 820 has 40x zoom both cheap on ebay

Fuji S1 if a bridge camera is any good to you, Great optics great zoom, and to my mind cheap at around £260.00. A second hand one is a lot cheaper.

---------- Post added 24-02-2018 at 19:13 ----------

I know it's not compact, but for what you get the extra size makes it worth while.

I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ72, hardly used, 60x zoom, you could buy for under £200. Still retailing new for around £249.

I dont ghink I would go for a second hand one. Certainly wouldnt want to buy any of my old digi cameras!

I dont ghink I would go for a second hand one. Certainly wouldnt want to buy any of my old digi cameras!

My cameras will look like they have just come out of the box for their entire life, some people keep them immaculate.

My thanks to all that replied. I really do appreciate it.

I’ve been using my I Phone this last year and whilst I’ve taken some pretty good photo’s with it, the zoom is useless.

As I spent a lot of time in my house at present, I’m quite keen to catch this little wagtail that keeps coming to see me every day.

I’m not a serious photographer, but I am good at composition and just want something with a zoom to get that little closer.

I was looking at the following ...

Psst. I agree ... all my previous cameras have been kept immaculate.

https://m.johnlewis.com/sony-cyber-shot-wx350-compact-camera-hd-1080p-18-2mp-20x-optical-zoom-wi-fi-nfc-3-lcd-screen/p2095238?sku=234524782&s_kwcid=2dx92700024319619959&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI88DSu8TB2QIVQrHtCh0jwgzEEAQYAiABEgIpZ_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I would try to stretch my budget a little further and get either the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 or the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H400 bridge camera, these would give you 30x and 68x zoom, the Lumix I know for sure is an excellent performer.

I would try to stretch my budget a little further and get either the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 or the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H400 bridge camera, these would give you 30x and 68x zoom, the Lumix I know for sure is an excellent performer.

Superzooms are OK...........providing the light is good. On a sunny day they usually give good results, the TZ70 certainly does, but when the sun don't shine, neither does the camera. For holidays in the sun they are brilliant.

Superzooms are OK...........providing the light is good. On a sunny day they usually give good results, the TZ70 certainly does, but when the sun don't shine, neither does the camera. For holidays in the sun they are brilliant.

I saved a bit more for my superzoom, nearer a grand but the bigger sensor makes a difference, I bought it to wean myself off the pain of changing lenses on my DSLR but I always go back to my DSLR in the end, even at that price point it cannot compete.

buy as top of the range sony phone the camera section is fantastic with a oled screen 4k video a pal just bought one it came with a blu tooth speaker that sounds like a juke box,i can see the day when cheap cameras are no longer made.