Public transport pfffft!

I have to say that <removed> is perhaps the worst thing customer services can do as I said complain to the CEO

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

Guest busdriver1
How old was the bus?

I was under the impression that heating on buses was not a new invention. I would send a copy to the First group CEO and ask if it would be possible to have some new buses

I can predict the reply, "Will you pay increased fares to fund them?"

probably but then who knows with heating they may generate more usage and thus revenue but given that these old buses are not that old he might ask the depot why these buses have no proper heating

I always find that response particularly angering.

A few years ago First were exposed in Private Eye- they kept blaming price rises on 'increasing fuel prices', when in fact that they had a very strong fixed rate deal for fuel in place that was set to keep their prices the same for many years.

Pure greed is their business model- anything they say other than that is simply not true. I'm not surprised people shun the buses- I certainly do all I can to avoid using them, unless absolutely necessary.

I can't believe there are buses without heating at the moment!! I've been on a bus many a time during boiling hot days in summer and the flippin' heating has been on!!

I can't believe there are buses without heating at the moment!! I've been on a bus many a time during boiling hot days in summer and the flippin' heating has been on!!

You took the words right out of my mouth! Particularly unpleasant when it's one of those with pvc seating.

Guest busdriver1
probably but then who knows with heating they may generate more usage and thus revenue but given that these old buses are not that old he might ask the depot why these buses have no proper heating

Its simple really. Heating has a habit of failing when needed the most as do so many things. There are only so many maintenance staff available.

Standing waiting for a bus to work whats best? A bus with no heaters or no bus.?

You took the words right out of my mouth! Particularly unpleasant when it's one of those with pvc seating.

I decided to get on the bus this morning instead of driving to work and it was freezing, the windows were also so mucky that I had to rely on the voice announcement for the visually impaired to figure out when my bus stop was.

Guest busdriver1
I decided to get on the bus this morning instead of driving to work and it was freezing, the windows were also so mucky that I had to rely on the voice announcement for the visually impaired to figure out when my bus stop was.

I dont think putting buses through a bus wash in temperatures of minus 5 is a great idea.

Depot turned to a skating rink and doors / windows frozen up even worse = less buses out today.

Cant win can they?

I dont think putting buses through a bus wash in temperatures of minus 5 is a great idea.

Depot turned to a skating rink and doors / windows frozen up even worse = less buses out today.

Cant win can they?

To be fair that amount of dirt could only accumulate over several weeks or even months so I doubt the temperature had anything to do with it. The only windows that you could see through were the ones that the driver uses, I can't speak for the upstairs windows as I was sat downstairs.

Edited by samonosuke

Its simple really. Heating has a habit of failing when needed the most as do so many things. There are only so many maintenance staff available.

Standing waiting for a bus to work whats best? A bus with no heaters or no bus.?

yes you are correct but I wonder if the bus companies have a plan for enhanced maintenance of heaters on the buses during the cold season and monitor how many go out each day with the heating not working. I would guess it is not much fun for the driver as well but no doubt you are issues with thermals and the like

Some countries are able to operate virtually normally what ever the weather - how because they plan for it

Thinks fail when they're old, knackered, worn out and need replacing.

What's best? Not bothering with the bus altogether, which is what an increasing number of people are doing.

Bus companies are greedy- their profit levels are soaring while fares rise and quality goes down. Why would anyone want to travel on a freezing, dirty bus that's also expensive if they have another option?