Child Genital Mutilation

I don't agree with FGM at all, it is not a religious requirement and it actually damages the female genitals.

If it was a religious requirement, would you agree with it?

If all male children were left intact and then (upon reaching 18 ) given the opportunity to have part of their penis removed, I suspect the number would be far less than if it were forced upon them as infants.

Yep! Slopping a bit of water on a baby's head is a bit different to taking a scalpel to the nether regions of an unsuspecting child who has no say in what's happening.

Yep! Slopping a bit of water on a baby's head is a bit different to taking a scalpel to the nether regions of an unsuspecting child who has no say in what's happening.

I'm always curious about 'cultural' reasons (not medical or religious reasons) with regards to circumcision, I've never heard an actual explanation of what these reasons are.

I'd always understood it to have its roots as a human blood sacrifice to gods.

I'd always understood it to have its roots as a human blood sacrifice to gods.

I've never heard of that, but wouldn't that come under religious reasons rather than cultural?

I've never heard of that, but wouldn't that come under religious reasons rather than cultural?

I'd agree but I studiously avoided the religious angle because people get all upset when you point out that imams are involved, but not so much that rabbis are involved. Best just call it "culture" for the sake of all our sanities. :)

I'd agree but I studiously avoided the religious angle because people get all upset when you point out that imams are involved, but not so much that rabbis are involved. Best just call it "culture" for the sake of all our sanities. :)

I don't think any Muslims would get upset if someone said they (muslims) have religious reasons for circumcision.

It's got naff all to do with imams....:hihi:

It's got naff all to do with imams....:hihi:

Please, just don't. Let's not get into that. Let's stick with the cultural genital mutilation.

A must listen....

Jeanice Barcelo,starts at 2 minutes 45

Edited by MAC33

Can you do me a big favour please? One that will benefit the rest of society?

Turn off your computer and use a pair of scissors to cut your internet connection.

Many thanks

So you agree with FGM

---------- Post added 01-03-2018 at 22:53 ----------

I'm always curious about 'cultural' reasons (not medical or religious reasons) with regards to circumcision, I've never heard an actual explanation of what these reasons are.

St Paul mentioned circumcision in one of his letters.

Is it not the case that the sole reason for FGM is so that women will not enjoy sex, in a bizarre thought that it prevents adultery?

You have to remember of course that these cultures are pretty backward thinking, they simply refuse to evolve instead preferring to bask in the primate era!

It's long been known that these cultures regard women as nothing short of baby making slaves whilst the husband is allowed to fornicate at pleasure with as many as he chooses.

The very notion that they believe paradise is several virgins is code in my view to paedophile acts.

Yes, we in the west are not perfect, I am ashamed of my obese lazy and xenophobic attitude my fellow country men (and women) have descended too. But the vast majority of western civilisation does treat women with respect. I think the FGM culture places a women/child on the pecking order less than a dog!

In short a barbaric testament to the realisation that religion has past its sell by date.