Jump to content

Child Genital Mutilation

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Given that the whip was recently restored to two Tory MPs who were facing allegations of serious sexual misconduct so that they could support Teresa May in the vote of no confidence, I would say that the chance of him having the party whip removed as somewhere between Bob Hope and no hope!

People on here have there own views and most think that women and young girls are treated abysmally by certain so called religious communities , but you for some reason can always point out that two wrongs make a right .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, of course not but it is still assaulting a baby who is incapable of defending themselves for the benefit of the parent using cultural reasons as a justification.

 

They are both forms of child abuse, just to differing degrees.

Posting something that tries to link the two things shows how low some can stoop and an inability to grasp the horror of the crime. Should be ashamed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, woodview said:

this bloke needs something doing about his ridiculous antics

 

https://news.sky.com/story/appalling-mp-blocks-bill-that-would-protect-girls-at-risk-of-fgm-11631472

 

 

Even his own constituency party seems fed up with now (despite his massive majority).

 

Funny how it's all about a point of principle when he objects to certain bills but not when he puts forward his own or doesn't object to his mates bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/02/2019 at 13:54, woodview said:

this bloke needs something doing about his ridiculous antics

 

https://news.sky.com/story/appalling-mp-blocks-bill-that-would-protect-girls-at-risk-of-fgm-11631472

 

 

No, he is doing what he thinks is right. I agree that the ridiculous antics need to stop but the best way to do that is to stop the outdated idea of private members bills being read out on a Friday afternoon when hardly any MP's are sitting in the house, MP's know that and is the reason why this is done when it is. This is a serious subject which should have some serious debate and a bill should not just be passed because no one is around to object.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apelike said:

No, he is doing what he thinks is right. I agree that the ridiculous antics need to stop but the best way to do that is to stop the outdated idea of private members bills being read out on a Friday afternoon when hardly any MP's are sitting in the house, MP's know that and is the reason why this is done when it is. This is a serious subject which should have some serious debate and a bill should not just be passed because no one is around to object.

How can it be considered right to block legislation to safeguard girls and women?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apelike said:

No, he is doing what he thinks is right. I agree that the ridiculous antics need to stop but the best way to do that is to stop the outdated idea of private members bills being read out on a Friday afternoon when hardly any MP's are sitting in the house, MP's know that and is the reason why this is done when it is. This is a serious subject which should have some serious debate and a bill should not just be passed because no one is around to object.

Respectfully....that's ******. He puts his own bills forward on a Friday afternoon and he never objects to his mates bills. This whole argumant about "doing what is right" is blown straight out of the water.

 

He's a git. Full stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apelike said:

No, he is doing what he thinks is right. I agree that the ridiculous antics need to stop but the best way to do that is to stop the outdated idea of private members bills being read out on a Friday afternoon when hardly any MP's are sitting in the house, MP's know that and is the reason why this is done when it is. This is a serious subject which should have some serious debate and a bill should not just be passed because no one is around to object.

I can't understand why he does this, his claim of protecting proper parliamentary procedure doesn't wash since there are plenty of other backbench bills he hasn't objected to.
Apart from this and the upskirting bill some of the other things he has objected to like setting a national standard for licensing taxi's or career advice for 6th Formers are so innocous you can't imagine anyone was listening never mind objecting.
I get the impression he's doing it because he gets a thrill at the thought that people are out there hating him but are unable to do anything about it. The fact that May gave him a knighthood speaks volumes.
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Halibut said:

How can it be considered right to block legislation to safeguard girls and women?

Because the legislation put forward has not been debated by parliament. Like it or not any legislation that may become law needs scrutinising whether it be about children, women, men or adults. The present system allows for any MP to put forward any bill no matter how good or badly thought out it is on a Friday when only a handful of MP's are present, which basically ensures that it is passed easily and without discussion, that is what is wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apelike said:

Because the legislation put forward has not been debated by parliament. Like it or not any legislation that may become law needs scrutinising whether it be about children, women, men or adults. The present system allows for any MP to put forward any bill no matter how good or badly thought out it is on a Friday when only a handful of MP's are present, which basically ensures that it is passed easily and without discussion, that is what is wrong. 

Unless his own or his chum Bone in which case he never raises an objection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, taxman said:

Unless his own or his chum Bone in which case he never raises an objection. 

Another reason to stop the show that is private members bills. But having a look at the FGM bill proposed by Lord Berkley of Knighton it does not add anything over and above what the law can already do as the courts can make interim care orders under the Children Act if they feel the child is at risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, apelike said:

The present system allows for any MP to put forward any bill no matter how good or badly thought out it is on a Friday when only a handful of MP's are present, which basically ensures that it is passed easily and without discussion, that is what is wrong. 

That is absolute and utter nonsense.

 

Hardly any of these bills even get a look in and even those that do are easily talked out and go to the bottom of the pile. Of 50 odd bills selected, usually no more than 4 or 5 have any chance of being discussed at all before time runs out. Some incredibly worthy, well thought out bills have got nowhere because some vested interest or other has made sure that it is killed off.

 

The idea that this is an easy way to slip a bill through Parliament is absolutely bonkers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.