Child Genital Mutilation

48 minutes ago, Hots on said:

Its fun watching the left twist themselves in knots over this because they don't know where to position themselves on this issue, just because of the communities that are doing it. Its the same with Halal, and forced/arranged marriages. They have no truck with these things but they don't want to be seen to be going against ethnic "minorities". 

Forced marriages and Arranged marriages are two different things, engage your brain before posting.

🙄

2 minutes ago, mafya said:

Forced marriages and Arranged marriages are two different things, engage your brain before posting.

🙄

I never said they were the same thing. They're both bad anyway so what's your point?

7 hours ago, Hots on said:

Its fun watching the left twist themselves in knots over this because they don't know where to position themselves on this issue, just because of the communities that are doing it. Its the same with Halal, and forced/arranged marriages. They have no truck with these things but they don't want to be seen to be going against ethnic "minorities". 

Have the left (i.e. The Labour Party) condemned the judge's verdict in the most recent case?

7 hours ago, Hots on said:

Its fun watching the left twist themselves in knots over this because they don't know where to position themselves on this issue

Almost as funny as watching the right, who usually don't give a monkey's about women's rights getting all excited about this because it is foreigners involved.

I see that the Tory MP who blocked upskirting legislation, has been at it again blocking FGM legislation 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/christopher-chope-blocks-fgm-prevention-bill-tory-mp-conservative-a8770026.html?fbclid=IwAR0KX5kPqEAYnULTnN50N7M7t5v1PfATtpyJgWJZs4NTuxOg2LKOpXMhwjo

He needs to have the party whip removed and ought to be deselected. 

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I see that the Tory MP who blocked upskirting legislation, has been at it again blocking FGM legislation 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/christopher-chope-blocks-fgm-prevention-bill-tory-mp-conservative-a8770026.html?fbclid=IwAR0KX5kPqEAYnULTnN50N7M7t5v1PfATtpyJgWJZs4NTuxOg2LKOpXMhwjo

He needs to have the party whip removed and ought to be deselected. 

Given that the whip was recently restored to two Tory MPs who were facing allegations of serious sexual misconduct so that they could support Teresa May in the vote of no confidence, I would say that the chance of him having the party whip removed as somewhere between Bob Hope and no hope!

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Given that the whip was recently restored to two Tory MPs who were facing allegations of serious sexual misconduct so that they could support Teresa May in the vote of no confidence, I would say that the chance of him having the party whip removed as somewhere between Bob Hope and no hope!

It's really awful. Especially when Tories keep flinging about Diane Abbott's name like it's some sort of embarrassment. This guy is just shameful. 

Religious reasons, Cultural reasons, Eugh!There is no good reason for any child to be mutilated. Its vile and its wrong. Anyone found doing it for any reason should get life behind bars.

10 minutes ago, K1Machine said:

Religious reasons, Cultural reasons, Eugh!There is no good reason for any child to be mutilated. Its vile and its wrong. Anyone found doing it for any reason should get life behind bars.

Does this include parents and relatives who get their kids' ears pierced when they are babies?

Does this include parents and relatives who get their kids' ears pierced when they are babies?

Are chavvy and tasteless earnings on babies the same as mutilating a child's genitalia?

10 minutes ago, K1Machine said:

Are chavvy and tasteless earnings on babies the same as mutilating a child's genitalia?

No, of course not but it is still assaulting a baby who is incapable of defending themselves for the benefit of the parent using cultural reasons as a justification.

They are both forms of child abuse, just to differing degrees.

No, of course not but it is still assaulting a baby who is incapable of defending themselves for the benefit of the parent using cultural reasons as a justification.

They are both forms of child abuse, just to differing degrees.

I 100% agree.