Child Genital Mutilation

Your link is bull****, I'm circumcised and I have a very healthy and normal sex life so maybe you and others should stop making out that male circumcision is genital mutilation. :rolleyes:

It's good that it doesn't affect you, that doesn't mean it doesn't affect others who have been circumcised. There's entire message boards and threads full of discussion by those who've not been so lucky. You can call it bull**** if you want but it's other peoples' words, not mine (I'm whole).

Your logic is somewhat floored, I could say that because I'm bald and it doesn't bother me, it's bull**** that it makes other men miserable to be bald. That wouldn't be a fair assertion though, would it?

It's good that it doesn't affect you, that doesn't mean it doesn't affect others who have been circumcised. There's entire message boards and threads full of discussion by those who've not been so lucky. You can call it bull**** if you want but it's other peoples' words, not mine (I'm whole).

Your logic is somewhat floored, I could say that because I'm bald and it doesn't bother me, it's bull**** that it makes other men miserable to be bald. That wouldn't be a fair assertion though, would it?

flawed...vvvv

Your link is bull****, I'm circumcised and I have a very healthy and normal sex life so maybe you and others should stop making out that male circumcision is genital mutilation. :rolleyes:

I'm circumcised too, but that was a decision made, as an adult, for medical reasons.

Forcing a child to have parts of their genitals chopped because the great invisible sky pixie says so is, in my opinion, abuse.

You can have a happy sex life WITH a foreskin, so there is no need to remove it for any reason other than a medical one.

I'm circumcised too, but that was a decision made, as an adult, for medical reasons.

Forcing a child to have parts of their genitals chopped because the great invisible sky pixie says so is, in my opinion, abuse.

You can have a happy sex life WITH a foreskin, so there is no need to remove it for any reason other than a medical one.

Benefits of circumcision=

Circumcision might have various health benefits, including:

Easier hygiene. Circumcision makes it simpler to wash the penis. However, boys with uncircumcised penises can be taught to wash regularly beneath the foreskin.

Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. The risk of urinary tract infections in males is low, but these infections are more common in uncircumcised males. Severe infections early in life can lead to kidney problems later.

Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections. Circumcised men might have a lower risk of certain sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Still, safe sexual practices remain essential.

Prevention of penile problems. Occasionally, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis can be difficult or impossible to retract (phimosis). This can lead to inflammation of the foreskin or head of the penis.

Decreased risk of penile cancer. Although cancer of the penis is rare, it's less common in circumcised men. In addition, cervical cancer is less common in the female sexual partners of circumcised men.

Quoted from following link= https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/circumcision/about/pac-20393550

Easier hygiene. Circumcision makes it simpler to wash the penis. However, boys with uncircumcised penises can be taught to wash regularly beneath the foreskin.

Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. The risk of urinary tract infections in males is low, but these infections are more common in uncircumcised males. Severe infections early in life can lead to kidney problems later.

Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections. Circumcised men might have a lower risk of certain sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Still, safe sexual practices remain essential.

Prevention of penile problems. Occasionally, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis can be difficult or impossible to retract (phimosis). This can lead to inflammation of the foreskin or head of the penis.

Decreased risk of penile cancer. Although cancer of the penis is rare, it's less common in circumcised men. In addition, cervical cancer is less common in the female sexual partners of circumcised men.

Quoted from following link= https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/circumcision/about/pac-20393550

Let the kids brow up and choose for themselves. Forcing it on babies and young kids is abuse. Same with fgm although fgm is far more damaging and dangerous. Both practices have no place in the 21st century.

flawed...vvvv

GAH *marks this day in diary*

Although thinking about it, floored works also, in a fashion

---------- Post added 25-02-2018 at 21:53 ----------

...my bold

You can say the same about many body parts. In fact, there's more of an argument to be made for removing infants' toenails because it's not a case of 'might', it absolutely guarantees they won't get a fungal toenail infection or ingrowing toenail infection if you remove the toenails permanently.

What would your opinion be if there was a demographic in the UK that regularly culturally practised the permanent removal of toenails from infants?

Edited by RootsBooster

Let the kids brow up and choose for themselves. Forcing it on babies and young kids is abuse. Same with fgm although fgm is far more damaging and dangerous. Both practices have no place in the 21st century.

I don't agree with FGM at all, it is not a religious requirement and it actually damages the female genitals.

Millions of years of evolution and natural selection, then along comes a bloke with a sharp stone and a god and suddenly there's a benefit to hacking off body parts.

Pull the other one, it's got foreskin on it.

The reason their are no convictions is because the non British surgeons are hushing it up. There is no reason for any circumcision other than religion. Appalling child abuse in 21st century Britain.

---------- Post added 24-02-2018 at 00:19 ----------

So you agree with fgm

There are medical reasons for circumcision, some boys have foreskin that is too tight and doesn't stretch. This is called phimosis. Also if a boy keeps getting balanitis which is an infection of the foreskin and head of the penis they may require a circumcision.

I don't agree with FGM at all, it is not a religious requirement and it actually damages the female genitals.

I never mentioned religion,

If all male children were left intact and then (upon reaching 18 ) given the opportunity to have part of their penis removed, I suspect the number would be far less than if it were forced upon them as infants.