Child Genital Mutilation

Not in the same league I know, but it is also time parents faced prosecution for piercing kids ears, tongues etc.

Add tattoos to that list.

in France there have been several successful prosecutions our government say the people from countries that practice it, who now live in the UK have learnt British values. make of that what you will.

Add tattoos to that list.

The Tattooing of Minors Act of 1969 already makes it an offence to tattoo anyone under the age of 18.

The Tattooing of Minors Act of 1969 already makes it an offence to tattoo anyone under the age of 18.

I didn't imagine that parents were doing the tattooing, but how come you knows so much about tattoo legislation?

I didn't imagine that parents were doing the tattooing, but how come you knows so much about tattoo legislation?

I thought everyone knew you can't have a tattoo until you're 18.

I thought everyone knew you can't have a tattoo until you're 18.

By the same token, you can't have FGM ever in the UK. I'm not really sure where your point is going, maybe best you leave it there.

By the same token, you can't have FGM ever in the UK. I'm not really sure where your point is going, maybe best you leave it there.

The UK law does forbid all FGM other than a surgical operation on a girl which is necessary for her physical or mental health or a surgical operation on a girl who is in any stage of labour, or has just given birth, for purposes connected with the labour or birth.

The law defines 'girl' to include 'women'.

A person is guilty of an offence if he excises, infibulates or otherwise mutilates the whole or any part of a girl’s labia majora, labia minora or clitoris.

This includes adult cosmetic labiaplasty and can be interpreted to include piercing.

They do and it isn't right. However, there is a major difference. FGM stops girls from ever enjoying sex, MGM does not quite have that effect, it is just... different.

Either way, it is a daft practice.

You sure about that?

Link

My point is that assaults (because that is what they are) from tattooing through ear piercing to genital mutilation are all illegal except on medical grounds, because the child is not of an age to give lawful consent.

It is not a case of changing or strengthening the law, just one of enforcing it.

My point is that assaults (because that is what they are) from tattooing through ear piercing to genital mutilation are all illegal except on medical grounds, because the child is not of an age to give lawful consent.

It is not a case of changing or strengthening the law, just one of enforcing it.

The law on FGM is not limited to children, and consent is irrelevant.

I think piercing a babies ears should be made illegal. There is a minimum age for tattooing and I think the same should apply for piercing too.[/QUOTE]

Not in the same league I know, but it is also time parents faced prosecution for piercing kids ears, tongues etc.

I made a thread about this: Babies ear piercing 10/ 01/ 2013.

You sure about that?

Link

Your link is bull****, I'm circumcised and I have a very healthy and normal sex life so maybe you and others should stop making out that male circumcision is genital mutilation. :rolleyes: