Child Genital Mutilation

Fgm originates in a specific part of the world and is a cultural phenomenon, not religious. Not all Muslims practice it and there is no reference to it in the koran.

Fgm originates in a specific part of the world and is a cultural phenomenon, not religious. Not all Muslims practice it and there is no reference to it in the koran.

Misogyny originates an all the Abrahamic religions including the koran.

What about the Jewish?

What about the Jewish?

What about the Jewish what?

Use some precision in your language for crying out loud.

---------- Post added 24-02-2018 at 11:53 ----------

Is the OP similarly concerned by the alarming rise in 'cosmetic' female genital surgeries - labiaplasty and vaginaplasty/'designer vagina?

[/color]Is the OP similarly concerned by the alarming rise in 'cosmetic' female genital surgeries - labiaplasty and vaginaplasty/'designer vagina?

Not remotely H and I will take a guess that you aren't either, still less "alarmed".

How do you feel about the topic of Child Genital Mutilation?

What about the Jewish?

I spoke about Fgm. More correctly FGM = female genital mutilation. But you will find that the Middle East is indeed part of the area where it occurs as a cultural phenomenon. Why anybody feels the need to enshrine it in a religious protocol is beyond me.

Not remotely H and I will take a guess that you aren't either, still less "alarmed".

How do you feel about the topic of Child Genital Mutilation?

I am indeed alarmed at the notion that entirely healthy and 'normal' women (and in some cases girls) feel the need to have surgery to 'cure' large labia etc.

In the case of children, unless there is a genuine medical need, I think it always wrong.

Is the OP similarly concerned by the alarming rise in 'cosmetic' female genital surgeries - labiaplasty and vaginaplasty/'designer vagina?

Not really the same thing is it and I suspect you know that.

I am indeed alarmed at the notion that entirely healthy and 'normal' women (and in some cases girls) feel the need to have surgery to 'cure' large labia etc.

In the case of children, unless there is a genuine medical need, I think it always wrong.

Fair enough but I'd put you in the pro choice camp for what people want to do with their own body at their own expense. Good to know that we're on the same side when it comes to children being attacked with razor blades and sharp stones.

Not in the same league I know, but it is also time parents faced prosecution for piercing kids ears, tongues etc.

What about the Jewish what?

Use some precision in your language for crying out loud.

---------- Post added 24-02-2018 at 11:53 ----------

Well, don't the Jewish circumcise little boys for religious purposes and not medical? And before they can make the decision themselves?

Well, don't the Jewish circumcise little boys for religious purposes and not medical? And before they can make the decision themselves?

They do and it isn't right. However, there is a major difference. FGM stops girls from ever enjoying sex, MGM does not quite have that effect, it is just... different.

Either way, it is a daft practice.