Open message to dog walkers of Crookes

Kaytie - possibly you already know that all dog walkers do not necessarily read Sheffield forum. You have also not mentioned the road where you live so it is unlikely that your post will solve this problem. It clearly bothers you so maybe you need to be a bit more imaginative and proactive in finding a solution to this. We don't know your particular circumstances, but how about securing the lid in some way or turning the bin around so the lid is not so accessible? Perhaps something like this might help. Alternatively, a sign on the bin might elicit some cooperation from the dog walkers in your area. If you don't have too many steps, could you get some help to park the bin closer to your property? Perhaps a ramp to wheel it up? If none of these suits, maybe a close circuit television to find out who the culprit/s are?

The 'culprits' are actually doing a good thing - they're binning their dog poo.

Unless the OP is getting so much in her bin she can't fit her own rubbish in, I ask again, what exactly is she upset about?

I don't live in Crookes but in my village i pass one household who leave all three bins on the public footpath all the time. I regularly pop a poo bag in.

From Chesterfield Council site regarding dog mess:

"Always pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in the correct manner (dog bins, wheelie bins or any other bin – make sure you bag it up). "

Doesn't saythey have to be your bins.

I don't live in Crookes but in my village i pass one household who leave all three bins on the public footpath all the time. I regularly pop a poo bag in.

From Chesterfield Council site regarding dog mess:

"Always pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in the correct manner (dog bins, wheelie bins or any other bin – make sure you bag it up). "

Doesn't saythey have to be your bins.

Indeed. It just seems like a very petty thing to get wound up about to me.

I think it's a bit rude to put waste in some else's bin, I wouldn't do that, I'd carry it to the nearest public bin or take it home.

But then I wouldn't get upset about someone putting waste in my bin either, I'd rather not have litter on the streets.

Guest makapaka
Indeed. It just seems like a very petty thing to get wound up about to me.

They should just take it home with them. It's dog poo - produced by their dog.

It's not petty to not want other people dog waste in your bin at all.

---------- Post added 26-02-2018 at 12:09 ----------

I think it's a bit rude to put waste in some else's bin, I wouldn't do that, I'd carry it to the nearest public bin or take it home.

But then I wouldn't get upset about someone putting waste in my bin either, I'd rather not have litter on the streets.

The alternative isn't leaving it on the street. They can take it home with them.

The alternative isn't leaving it on the street. They can take it home with them.

Judging by the number of filled poop bags abandoned around and about I'd guess a lot of lazy and selfish people don't see carrying it home as an option, sadly.

Guest makapaka
Judging by the number of filled poop bags abandoned around and about I'd guess a lot of lazy and selfish people don't see carrying it home as an option, sadly.

They should be stopped from keeping dogs if they consistently offend.

It's not petty to not want other people dog waste in your bin at all.

What harm does it do?

What harm does it do?

Offhand I could imagine that if you didn't realise there was a poop bag in your bin and chucked a heavy bag in on top, it could split and make a disgusting mess.

Guest makapaka
Offhand I could imagine that if you didn't realise there was a poop bag in your bin and chucked a heavy bag in on top, it could split and make a disgusting mess.

Bagged dog mess smells.

The same as nappy bags smell.

I don’t have a problem with people putting it in their bin. Just dont put it in my bin. It’s not my issue to deal with it.

It wouldn’t harm anything to leave my outside toilet for people to use - but I don’t advertise as a public toilet, it wouldn’t harm anything to let people park in my drive when I’m not in, but I don’t advertise as a public car park.

It might not harm anything to have dog mess put in my bin - but I don’t advertise my bin as a dog mess bin.

People leaving wheelie bin on the pavement, often for days on end is a real annoyance and is born from inconsideration and laziness.

Some people have no option other that to leave their bins on the pavement. My son lived on Howson Road, Deepcar, and there was no other place to put them apart from dragging it through the kitchen and living room, that is the only way to access the rear of the property.

I get dog poo being put in my bin which is on the drive. I am at Heeley. Why should anyone be ok about others dumping dog poo in their bin? If you have a dog you should take its excrement home to your own bin.