Open message to dog walkers of Crookes

I would not mind in the least if someone put there bagged up dog poo into my bin..Better there than left on the pavement.

That's your choice, but I don't want it stinking out the bin for which I pay the council taxes and that's my choice! The bin stands on my property and unapproved use by anyone other than my household is unacceptable. There are public litter bins on Crookes main road.

---------- Post added 24-02-2018 at 18:03 ----------

What is it that upsets you about the idea of someone putting bagged dog poo in your bin?

I don't understand what you're upset about really.

It stinks and presumably they have a wheelie bin of their own they could use.

That's your choice, but I don't want it stinking out the bin for which I pay the council taxes and that's my choice! The bin stands on my property and unapproved use by anyone other than my household is unacceptable. There are public litter bins on Crookes main road.

You do right, although the weed smoking dog loving SF massive think you should pander to to the canine bobbar brigade with their smelly houses and their embarrassing turd collecting rituals, dont do it, you are much further up the food chain than that :hihi:

I cant imagine its an everyday happening,its hardly going to fill your bin or cause a stink.Put a notice on your said receptical if it bothers you so much.

I cant imagine its an everyday happening,its hardly going to fill your bin or cause a stink.Put a notice on your said receptical if it bothers you so much.

Give her your address and she can pop them over to you for your bin :thumbsup:

Give her your address and she can pop them over to you for your bin :thumbsup:

She sounds too posh to pop her head in my bin or i would.Anything to keep the pavements clean is ok with me,:)

She sounds too posh to pop her head in my bin or i would.Anything to keep the pavements clean is ok with me,:)

I bet you have a lovely bin, full of empty caviar packets from Waitrose.

I bet you have a lovely bin, full of empty caviar packets from Waitrose.

Yes too true and also doggy bags,isnt that what waste bins are for.I take it you are not a doggy lover .:)

Edited by nikita

Yes too true and also doggy bags,isnt that what waste bins are for.I take it you are not a doggy lover .:)

Love dogs, had them myself and always had them growing up but dont have the time to care properly for a dog what with work and all that, dont like dog mess though, I was at Castleton last week and there was more dog turds than sheep turds, it was everywhere we walked, horrible stuff.

Love dogs, had them myself and always had them growing up but dont have the time to care properly for a dog what with work and all that, dont like dog mess though, I was at Castleton last week and there was more dog turds than sheep turds, it was everywhere we walked, horrible stuff.

I had a feeling you liked dogs really,and its true what you say bad dog owners give others a bad reputation.:(

I had a feeling you liked dogs really,and its true what you say bad dog owners give others a bad reputation.:(

I wish I had the time for one, would love a dog :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I think it's the way of the world these days with the can't be bothered attitude.

Às usual it's always the bad dog owners who don't pick it up that give all dog owners a bad name,which personally I find very frustrating.

Over the years I have stopped many times whilst on walks and had a pop at people who haven't picked it up. If they get offended tough they should pick it up.

Don't get m started on littering that's another one of my pet hates,people can be so dim at times.

Quote kaytie #1: Please would all dog walkers.....

Kaytie - possibly you already know that all dog walkers do not necessarily read Sheffield forum. You have also not mentioned the road where you live so it is unlikely that your post will solve this problem. It clearly bothers you so maybe you need to be a bit more imaginative and proactive in finding a solution to this. We don't know your particular circumstances, but how about securing the lid in some way or turning the bin around so the lid is not so accessible? Perhaps something like this might help. Alternatively, a sign on the bin might elicit some cooperation from the dog walkers in your area. If you don't have too many steps, could you get some help to park the bin closer to your property? Perhaps a ramp to wheel it up? If none of these suits, maybe a close circuit television to find out who the culprit/s are?