Open message to dog walkers of Crookes

Please would all dog walkers kindly note that just because some householders keep their black wheelie bins at the front of their property (often due to the need to negotiate steep steps to reach the rear) this does not mean that said receptacles are volunteered as the appropriate place to dispose of your animal's excrement

TAKE IT HOME .... or don't have a dog!

Take your bin off the street then. Problem solved.

Give ovver lad :rolleyes:

Please would all dog walkers kindly note that just because some householders keep their black wheelie bins at the front of their property (often due to the need to negotiate steep steps to reach the rear) this does not mean that said receptacles are volunteered as the appropriate place to dispose of your animal's excrement

TAKE IT HOME .... or don't have a dog!

Is your wheelie bin kept on your property? If so they should not be putting dog mess in it. Once I put my wheelie bin out for emptying I don't mind who uses it as long as they close the bin lid

Give ovver lad :rolleyes:

Would you care to expand on this or do you not have anything useful to contribute to the discussion?

---------- Post added 24-02-2018 at 08:20 ----------

Is your wheelie bin kept on your property? If so they should not be putting dog mess in it. Once I put my wheelie bin out for emptying I don't mind who uses it as long as they close the bin lid

People leaving wheelie bin on the pavement, often for days on end is a real annoyance and is born from inconsideration and laziness.

The OP has stated that they leave their bin on 'their' property at the front of their home, not on the street. I would suggest drilling it and putting a lock on it. Digressing slightly, there have been three full wheelie bins on our street, in a row, for weeks that the refuse workers seem to have an aversion to emptying.

My bin sits on a drive, not the street.

My bin sits on a drive, not the street.

What is it that upsets you about the idea of someone putting bagged dog poo in your bin?

I don't understand what you're upset about really.

Whilst this is annoying I would rather people put bags of dog poo in my bin rather than leave it on the pavement outside of my house, any other house for that matter.

The OP has stated that they leave their bin on 'their' property at the front of their home, not on the street. I would suggest drilling it and putting a lock on it. Digressing slightly, there have been three full wheelie bins on our street, in a row, for weeks that the refuse workers seem to have an aversion to emptying.

The OP has stated that they leave their bin at the front of their property not on their property.

As for dog mess or general litter, I would rather somebody place it into my bin rather than leave the mess for somebody else to deal with. Placing a lock on a bin seems rather petty and small-minded to me.

What is it that upsets you about the idea of someone putting bagged dog poo in your bin?

I don't understand what you're upset about really.

Another idiotic reply like the one I quoted earlier on :rolleyes:

I would not mind in the least if someone put there bagged up dog poo into my bin..Better there than left on the pavement.