Cafe or pub near Hallamshire Hospital

Could anyone please recommend a cafe or a pub very close (walking distance) to the Hallamshire Hospital? Weneed to kill 2/3 hours between 1&4pm while a pal attends their appointment, as long as we can get a seat and a light bite we’ll be happy.

I looked up the Francis Newton pub, has anyone been there? Or is there a cafe in

the hospital itself perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

There is a cafe straight opposite the hospital. It always looks nice but I’ve never been in.

The Francis Newton probably wins the prize for nicest Wetherspoons ever. It is surprisingly pleasant. The food is typical spoons stuff.

If neither of them take your fancy, have a stroll up to Broomhill where you will find pubs and cafes galore, and Record Collector if that is your sort of thing. You could while an hour away in there easily:)

Depending on the time and the sessions, you might nip into King Ted's Baths for a swim, then pop over to the Francis Newton. There's a car park here (it's pay and display but I think you can get the cost knocked off your bill - best to check this)

Could have a stroll around the Botanical gardens? Also a Cafe there.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

There is a nice cafe in the Medical School that is open to the public. Use the main entrance at the junction of Beech Hill Road and 'B' Road, and the cafe is just on your right as you walk in.

If you’re looking to kill that amount of time I suggest a stroll up to Broomhill, plenty of choice there, it’s a lovely suburb.

Is the Doctor's Orders the one on the corner? Supposed to have really good food.

The cafè in Weston Park is nice and you could kill some time in the museum next door.

The Francis Newton is definitely a safe bet! It's the best Wetherspoon I've been in.

Alternatively The York, Thyme Cafe, Remo's and Proove Pizza are all very nice in Broomhill.

Is the Doctor's Orders the one on the corner? Supposed to have really good food.

It is. I’ve heard that too but have not tried it yet.

I've had lunch at the Francis Newton today and well impressed. Good piping hot food, nice glass of wine, lovely staff and an excellent deal on coffee. Quite quiet too. Absolutely recommend.