Should Corbyn ignore the smears against him?

Oh look, more avoidance of the point under discussion.

I notice there is an absolute insistence that we discuss anything but the central point and anything at all in that way is never answered. Is this a meeting place for Momentum or are you all just apologists for the IRA?[/QUOTE]

I thought the point under discussion was whether or not Corbyn should ignore the smears against him?

By pre-emptively labelling anyone who tries to defend Corbyn as a member of Momentum or an apologists for the IRA suggests you are the one who is poisoning the well.

No I'm just using the same tactics that they are and guess what - as soon as it's turned back on them they don't like it one bit do they...

Corbyn doesn't have the wits to be a spy or whatever.

He's as thick as two short planks.

The Tories are clearly scared of him but so am I. Momentum are using him as Trojan horse and having them running the country will be an Orwellian nightmare.

No I'm just using the same tactics that they are and guess what - as soon as it's turned back on them they don't like it one bit do they...

give over, just go make yourself a cuppa :)

---------- Post added 23-02-2018 at 15:26 ----------

Corbyn doesn't have the wits to be a spy or whatever.

He's as thick as two short planks.

The Tories are clearly scared of him but so am I. Momentum are using him as Trojan horse and having them running the country will be an Orwellian nightmare.

i doubt that very much, he was there a long long time before momentum, they were only formed to help fight his corner against the Blairites

And more avoidance....

I have servants to make my cuppa me old chap. Toodle pip

Corbyn won’t lose any sleep, in fact he would be concerned if the opposition party wasn’t having a go at him. All politicians never let the truth get in the way of a good rant, but the more they throw out the more is thrown back in, they expect it, it’s just part and parcel of the game.

;)

---------- Post added 23-02-2018 at 15:26 ----------

i doubt that very much, he was there a long long time before momentum, they were only formed to help fight his corner against the Blairites

Your a nice bloke deano but you're also a devoted fanboy.

Hypothetically you'd still be praising Jezza while Momentum thugs dragged you off to the gulag.

Is this a meeting place for Momentum or are you all just apologists for the IRA?

See here in lies the problem.

You don't like Jeremy Corbyn, we get it. But calling you out for spreading lies and half truths about him does not make us either IRA apologists or even Labour supporters. It could just be that we think that personal attacks and the spreading of lies and disinformation ultimately does a disservice to political debate.

If Corbyn is guilty of anything, it is of being 20 years ahead of the curve on what was happening in Ireland. All he said back then was 'Look, there are two sides to every conflict and we can either endlessly go on supporting the bloodshed on both sides or we can stop, look at the issues, sit down with all sides in the conflict and see if we can find some level of agreement that the majority of people can live with'. And that is exactly what happened in 1997. By and large, history has proved Corbyn (as well as John Major by the way), right. Apart from a few cranks on the far right, a hand full of dissident republicans and a small but significant number of loyalists, the vast majority of people both here and abroad think the peace process and the GFA were a good thing.

See here in lies the problem.

You don't like Jeremy Corbyn, we get it. But calling you out for spreading lies and half truths about him .

Lets deal with that. Where did I lie?

You've been shown the evidence thanks to another poster that beat me to it. So all we have is your fervent adoration for him and therein lies the problem....:)

So all we have is your fervent adoration for him and therein lies the problem....:)

Hahahahha! I don't even like the guy! lol ?

If I was Corbyn I'd sue their collective arses off - he really needs to put a marker down with the right wing press. He cant spin it - certainly not like blair could - so he needs to do something to put this to bed. Whining about it won't stop it.

So Corbyn has met someone who may or may not have been in the IRA?

I have met people who may or may not have been in the IRA. Andrew Neil has met people who may or may not have been in the IRA. Every US president from Reagan to Obama has met people who may or may not have been in the IRA. Teresa May has met people who may or may not have been in the IRA. The pope has met people who may or may not have been in the IRA. In fact the Queen has actually met someone who very definitely was in the IRA.

Are you seriously claiming that all these people support the IRA?

The people in the article were in the IRA..you asked for proof that Corbyn had met people in the IRA..there it is..

---------- Post added 23-02-2018 at 16:21 ----------

If I was Corbyn I'd sue their collective arses off - he really needs to put a marker down with the right wing press. He cant spin it - certainly not like blair could - so he needs to do something to put this to bed. Whining about it won't stop it.

You have to wonder why he isn't...