Should Corbyn ignore the smears against him?

Are you going to bang on about a Govt meeting the IRA again..?

Oh wait you are yes - you think you can conflate the two again by creating a strawman.

Corbyn is a lefty communist in disguise. He does support the IRA - hell he even saluted the little sods that happened to get themselfs killed. Two weeks after the Brighton boming he had two people convicted of IRA activites in the Commons at his invite.

Of course he met members of the IRA. He wont comdemn them in the slightest - you ask him and you get wishy washy oh I condemn all violence but he wont say he stands against them.

Meeting and giving information to the Czechs? Eminently possible. Did it happen? Well theres no evidence yet. Therefore I'll choose to beleive that he didn't pass any information over.

The prime minister at the time was also giving a convicted IRA terrorist a pardon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11062418/Thatcher-granted-secret-pardon-to-IRA-terrorist.html

Corbyn is a lefty communist in disguise. He does support the IRA

Of course he met members of the IRA.

Yet when I ask you for evidence to support either of those claims you seem to have great difficulty.

The prime minister at the time was also giving a convicted IRA terrorist a pardon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11062418/Thatcher-granted-secret-pardon-to-IRA-terrorist.html

Someone else not understanding the difference between the elected govt of the day and a jumped up little commie twit from the backbenches.

Someone else not understanding the difference between the elected govt of the day and a jumped up little commie twit from the backbenches.

So you don't mind governments giving pardons to convicted terrorists but you get extremely annoyed when a backbench MP wants to talk to them?

So Corbyn has met someone who may or may not have been in the IRA?

I have met people who may or may not have been in the IRA. Andrew Neil has met people who may or may not have been in the IRA. Every US president from Reagan to Obama has met people who may or may not have been in the IRA. Teresa May has met people who may or may not have been in the IRA. The pope has met people who may or may not have been in the IRA. In fact the Queen has actually met someone who very definitely was in the IRA.

Are you seriously claiming that all these people support the IRA?

So you don't mind governments giving pardons to convicted terrorists but you get extremely annoyed when a backbench MP wants to talk to them?

Oh look, another strawman mixed with a poisoned well.

Oh look, another strawman mixed with a poisoned well.

That's just wishful thinking.

Just after the Brighton bomb?

No they were not in any shape at all and even if they were what business does some jumped up backbencher like Corbyn have giving comfort and aid to the IRA? He should have been charged at the time I'd still like to see the little sod charged now for it.

Not a great example to give.

After the Brighton bombing many people, none of whom in any way shape or form would be called IRA supporters were cursing that Thatcher had survived. You seem to forget how loathed she was at the time. If Corbyn was to be charged at the time as you suggest, half the population would be standing in the dock with him! ?

Oh look, more avoidance of the point under discussion.

I notice there is an absolute insistence that we discuss anything but the central point and anything at all in that way is never answered. Is this a meeting place for Momentum or are you all just apologists for the IRA?