Should Corbyn ignore the smears against him?

Corbin openly supported the IRA while our government were trying to talk to them in order to stem the violence.

I always remember the stick Mo Mowlem received for visiting terrorists in jail to facilitate peace.

In the end she proved this was the correct path to take.

he believed in their right to independence, not their right to indiscriminately kill people, which he has expressed many times, by calling a halt to violence on all sides

Its not the Tories job to start or spread these rumours. They're only harming themselves.

I was reading that a few Labour leaders in the recent past (Harold Wilson, Michael Foot, Neil Kinnock probably others too) have been accused of being traitors by ****ehawks in the yellow press....Even Ed Milliband's father was accused of being a traitor - and he fought in WW2.

Edited by Mister M

ECCOnoob on The President's Club

I would agree with this too.

I am certainly not condoing any of the behaviour but so far this entire storm has been created out of ONE single report following a newspapers own set up undercover plants at the event.

Everything so far has been "allegedly" "they claim" "they believe"

As with everything these days the speed out outrage is far quicker than the delivery of facts.

?

ECCOnoob on Grenfell

I will suspect that social media is a big part of that. The expectation to get information on demand has created a generation of rather naive people who think the same instant and unchallenged demands apply to real life situations.

We are in age of misinformation and public outcry and reaction takes more prevalent than practicality and necessity.

ECCOnoob on Corbyn.

"smears" ???

Last time I checked there are still various reports coming out. Lots of paperwork not being disclosed. Lots of questions remaining unanswered with Saint Jeremy very evasive about answering them. Lots of petty squbbling and finger pointing at the media without matter at hand being addressed. Lots of new discoveries still flying around even from sources outside of our own remit.

Yes, Corbyn has quite rightly consulted the lawyers and yes the tweets have disappeared but I dont think the work is over yet.

Are we yet in a position to universally dismiss the allegations as so called smears?

I'm certainly not. I want more facts and I want the so called future leader of this country to man up and actually answer some questions.

Spot the difference.

ECCOnoob on The President's Club

ECCOnoob on Grenfell

ECCOnoob on Corbyn.

Spot the difference.

Good call..

This is the same Corbyn who was meeting the IRA and giving them support

Corbin openly supported the IRA

This is the problem with such smears. At no time has Jeremy Corbyn ever claimed to have supported the IRA but here are at least two people who firmly believe it.

And of course if I were to ask Obelix or monkey to provide ONE SINGLE QUOTE to prove their claim I suspect I will be waiting a long time.

This is the problem with such smears. At no time has Jeremy Corbyn ever claimed to have supported the IRA but here are at least two people who firmly believe it.

And of course if I were to ask Obelix or monkey to provide ONE SINGLE QUOTE to prove their claim I suspect I will be waiting a long time.

This is the problem with people reporting what they thought was said. I've never said that Corbyn stated that he supported the IRA. I've said that is actions in meeting with them and giving them some politcal legitamacy etc is giving them support.

This is the problem with people reporting what they thought was said. I've never said that Corbyn stated that he supported the IRA. I've said that is actions in meeting with them and giving them some politcal legitamacy etc is giving them support.

Corbyn never met the IRA.

However William Whitelaw and other senior government officials did meet them in 1972. Are you saying that the Conservative Secretary of State was giving the IRA political legitimacy and therefore support?

Just as a point of interest has Corbyn been in any meetings with the Palestinian terrorists .

Corbyn never met the IRA.

However William Whitelaw and other senior government officials did meet them in 1972. Are you saying that the Conservative Secretary of State was giving the IRA political legitimacy and therefore support?

Are you going to bang on about a Govt meeting the IRA again..?

Oh wait you are yes - you think you can conflate the two again by creating a strawman.

Corbyn is a lefty communist in disguise. He does support the IRA - hell he even saluted the little sods that happened to get themselfs killed. Two weeks after the Brighton boming he had two people convicted of IRA activites in the Commons at his invite. Oh and lets not forget him obstructing the police and being arrested outside the Old Bailey for demonstrating at a pro IRA rally to show solidarity with the Brighton bomber Mr Magee when he was on trial...

Of course he met members of the IRA. He wont comdemn them in the slightest - you ask him and you get wishy washy oh I condemn all violence but he wont say he stands against them.

Meeting and giving information to the Czechs? Eminently possible. Did it happen? Well theres no evidence yet. Therefore I'll choose to beleive that he didn't pass any information over.

Edited by Obelix

"smears" ???

Last time I checked there are still various reports coming out. Lots of paperwork not being disclosed. Lots of questions remaining unanswered with Saint Jeremy very evasive about answering them. Lots of petty squbbling and finger pointing at the media without matter at hand being addressed. Lots of new discoveries still flying around even from sources outside of our own remit.

Yes, Corbyn has quite rightly consulted the lawyers and yes the tweets have disappeared but I dont think the work is over yet.

Are we yet in a position to universally dismiss the allegations as so called smears?

I'm certainly not. I want more facts and I want the so called future leader of this country to man up and actually answer some questions.

Because your confirmation bias leads to to desperately cling to anything that will prove the story for you, no matter how ridiculous.....

You desperately want him to be a spy and now that the idea has been planted nothing will persuade you he isn’t.

Your post is a perfect example of how fake news works.

Just as a point of interest has Corbyn been in any meetings with the Palestinian terrorists .

You mean his friends in Hamas and Hisbollah?

They not terrorists they are freedom fighters brother! Just like the People's Front of, the Judean Peoples Front!