Mobile phones on buses

what not so much annoys me but baffles me when someone makes a call just to say "yeah im on the bus now ok bye" totally pointless

no its not. e.g. When I get the train to my parents i always ring to say I am on the train and what time I will arrive. This is because I get picked up from the train station since it is quite a walk to their house.

to be honest,

I use headphones

but I dont really care what anyone does on a bus, I get on the bus - I pay - I get to my destination, I get off - job done

whether someone talks or plays a song, or stares at their phone when it rings? I dont really give a flying ****. I'm not on the bus for that reason, so I just generally dont notice.

those who do, are obviously reading in to life a bit too much and have too much to moan about!!

get out and enjoy life that finding the most absurd things to moan about

this forum makes me chuckle sometime

"I HATE PEOPLE WITH PHONES ON BUSES LETS KILL THEM ALL!!!!"

I always turn mine off when I'm going on the bus. After all, I got a mobile phone for my convenience, not other peoples. If anyone wants me they can try again later or leave a message and I'll call them back. To be honest, I don't find it very convenient at all to hold a conversation with everybody else listening in.:)

This does not annoy me in the slightest. Maybe cos ive done it a couple of times when i wanted to let me mates hear my new tune as they might want it as well. Infact i heard this song on a complete strangers fone as she was playing it out loud and i asked her if she could bluetooth it me. Bonus!

Infact me n my mate did it this morning. I dont care who i annoy, there is no sign sayin

"please don't play your mp3 songs out loud on this bus" lol

and until that sign appears im afraid im goin to be thats 'annoying' girl at the back of the bus with my mates playing my songs :D

Oh BTW im not a chav, im not a teenager (im 23) and im not old enough to know better :hihi:

how is it inconsiderate to play music on phones on buses? in that case, then its also inconsiderate the way people blab on oh so loudly (particularly the older generation) - so inconsiderate don't u think? they're louder than the phones most the time! Anywayz, accept it people society is a noisy place, if u don't like it spend all your time in a library with other quiet individuals. I for one will definitely not be whispering into my phone if someone calls me whilst i'm on public transport

Its just as inconsiderate to yell across the tram, and speak very loudly as it is to make other sorts of noise - no one would suggest it isn't. Music isn't a problem if people use decent headphones - not the ones that emit a tinny rattle though! I use my mobile on occasion when I'm on public transport - but try not to share what I'm saying with everyone else in the vicinity. I'm sorry, but the attitude of 'if you don't like it - tough' is one of the main problems in society today. Ask any housing office or environmental health department if they get any complaints about noisy neighbours!

outrageous! you should all sit silently on public transport doing nothing

This does not annoy me in the slightest. Maybe cos ive done it a couple of times when i wanted to let me mates hear my new tune as they might want it as well. Infact i heard this song on a complete strangers fone as she was playing it out loud and i asked her if she could bluetooth it me. Bonus!

Infact me n my mate did it this morning. I dont care who i annoy, there is no sign sayin

"please don't play your mp3 songs out loud on this bus" lol

and until that sign appears im afraid im goin to be thats 'annoying' girl at the back of the bus with my mates playing my songs :D

Oh BTW im not a chav, im not a teenager (im 23) and im not old enough to know better :hihi:

no your just a prat.and proud of it.says it all realy:thumbsup:

outrageous! you should all sit silently on public transport doing nothing

Actually i have heard quite a few interesting convos on the bus, and sometimes find it really entertaining. I once found out about a very good local sale by hearing someone on the bus tell a friend about it on her phone. Another time I picked up some salty gossip about someone I knew, which was a bit uncomfortable. And there really are people who will talk about their sex life whilst on a bus seat, sort of half leaning toward the window and imagining that no one can hear. At that point, I do find it objectionable, but asking a person to desist would make it even more embarassing. I don't try to listen in, but sometimes it just happens because the person is so loud. Still, the best bus ride I ever had had us all getting into conversations, and after the ride was over everyone wanted to exchange contact information. That was years ago. We all bonded because the bus was late and everyone was in a rambunctious mood, and it turned out that people had quite similar interests.

I don't know- the majority of the time I like that people feel free to express themselves on the bus. The only problem I had with it was when I was studying and trying to do homework while riding. Talk about a complete no-go!

I don't know- the majority of the time I like that people feel free to express themselves on the bus. The only problem I had with it was when I was studying and trying to do homework while riding. Talk about a complete no-go!

So, you live on a bus then? How interesting! Never known anyone who lived on a bus before.

So, you live on a bus then? How interesting! Never known anyone who lived on a bus before.

??

no idea what's going on in your head, mate.

none at all.

making noise on busses is not annoying then ? i find it arrogant

Although silence on public transport is nice, I think it's pretty naive to expect this. I usually take either a book or newspaper onto a train/bus to read, but I never expect it to be quiet. If you're travelling with others there'll always be someone sitting with their mate and talking, talking on the phone or playing music. That's just the noise of everyday life.

I used to always take earplugs with me when I travelled by train. That way I could get silence on my terms, so it'd always be quiet enough for me to read. :D