Mobile phones on buses

Sometimes when people on the bus are talking into their mobiles, often much louder than they would if the person was there, I'm almost tempted to join in, and fill in the other side of the conversation.

I hate people who have conversations with people at the other end of the bus!

I hate people who sit around you on the bus and speak in their own language (non English) and then start giggling like their talking about you!

I hate people who put their bags on the seat at the side of them when the bus is pretty full, so no one else can sit their!

I hate people who sit in the disabled/pram area when their are plenty of others seats and then look at you like something off the bottom of their shoe when you need the space for the purpose it was designed for!

I hate people who dont give up their seats for the pregnant or elderly!

I hate people who dont thank the drivers!

I hate drivers with no manners!

I think I should maybe learn to drive! :P

I think certain seats should be designated "mobile free seats". Maybe a couple of seats on each bus. These should be brightly coloured (possibly Orange - sponsored by "Orange" - good Public Relations and good advertising for the company) and located in a quiet part of the bus.

This would be a brilliant way of cutting down on brain harming radiation to other passengers and noise pollution.

I was well impressed to discover that Virgin trains have "Quiet Carriages" where mobiles et al aren't allowed :hihi: When someone answers their phone you just know the first words "I'm on the bus!". In the unlikely event I get a call on public transport, I flatly refuse to say it. Best one the other week, "Oh hello love. I'm on the tram on my way up Park Grange Road *pause* Are you? Oh *penny drops* you must be on the same one as me"!!!

what not so much annoys me but baffles me when someone makes a call just to say "yeah im on the bus now ok bye" totally pointless

what not so much annoys me but baffles me when someone makes a call just to say "yeah im on the bus now ok bye" totally pointless

Incase they are meeting someone at the bus stop and they need to tell them to set off to meet them?

sometimes yeah but ive seen people get off the bus and nobody there!

Why is it always 'garage' or RnB though? I might not mind if it was something calming and classical on the ride to work in the morning rush hour!

Very true and i echo that sentiment. Unfortunately the youth who listens to that type of music tends to be the more dis-respectful youth IMO :D

On the tram at the weekend, a young guy with a small toddler in a pushchair was playing loud rap music off his mobile to the child all the way into town - holding the phone near the child's ear. The rest of the tram were able to enjoy it as well!! :rolleyes:

I can imagine this child will be very confused if he goes to nursery, or when he starts school and the other kids will be recognising nursery rhymes? :confused:

as i said earlier,there is nothing wrong with making calls.its how you do it.you can talk in a low voice and have respect for others:thumbsup: the people who play music,have no respect for other people,or themselves.they are scrubbers:D

On the tram at the weekend, a young guy with a small toddler in a pushchair was playing loud rap music off his mobile to the child all the way into town - holding the phone near the child's ear. The rest of the tram were able to enjoy it as well!! :rolleyes:

I can imagine this child will be very confused if he goes to nursery, or when he starts school and the other kids will be recognising nursery rhymes? :confused:

That poor kid! Not only is that huge radiation! But like you say he'll be rapping to Nelly and the kids will be singing Nelly the Elephant!

how is it inconsiderate to play music on phones on buses? in that case, then its also inconsiderate the way people blab on oh so loudly (particularly the older generation) - so inconsiderate don't u think? they're louder than the phones most the time! Anywayz, accept it people society is a noisy place, if u don't like it spend all your time in a library with other quiet individuals. I for one will definitely not be whispering into my phone if someone calls me whilst i'm on public transport

how is it inconsiderate to play music on phones on buses? in that case, then its also inconsiderate the way people blab on oh so loudly (particularly the older generation) - so inconsiderate don't u think? they're louder than the phones most the time! Anywayz, accept it people society is a noisy place, if u don't like it spend all your time in a library with other quiet individuals. I for one will definitely not be whispering into my phone if someone calls me whilst i'm on public transport

Finally, someone talks a bit of sense. :thumbsup: