The George Hirst Saga..

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

You couldn't make it up!!, a great thread started by t'owd "Hirst will never play for us again", as if you were somehow "in the know".

Egg on face for you, pure comedy gold for everyone else (including the rest of the SWFC fans on here) :hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 24-02-2018 at 11:49 ----------

Surely not, if you just try and keep up a basic level of fitness, you end up "injured", just ask all the Owls players who are all mysteriously "injured" at the same time :hihi:

Grow up man for gods sake.

In case you hadn’t noticed there’s been a regime change at SWFC with a new CEO it was reported that one of her remits was to sort the GH situation. I stand by my original comment which was true of the situation at the time.

The only comedy gold is gained from an adults infantile comment.

Ignoring all the speculation, a question for those who've seen him play.

Is he reight good at football?

Ignoring all the speculation, a question for those who've seen him play.

Is he reight good at football?

He’s scored plenty goals but at a fairly low level, only time will tell if he can replicate that in the league, he plays off the shoulder of defenders and makes some very timely runs, he has looked a little lightweight in stature to be fair.

He may get a run out in the first team this season and a chance to prove himself.

He’s scored plenty goals but at a fairly low level, only time will tell if he can replicate that in the league, he plays off the shoulder of defenders and makes some very timely runs, he has looked a little lightweight in stature to be fair.

He may get a run out in the first team this season and a chance to prove himself.

Same could be said of vardy but doesn't stop him scoring. If he's got the ability then weight shouldn't matter, of course he would have to be used right

Signed and sealed. Some good news on a frustrating day.

Over the past couple of seasons i have watched both the under 18,s and 23,s and there is know doubt we have some very good players at that level of which George Hirst is one. The question, should he be given a new contract is not something for us fans to make, it,s not in our hands but we do know we want players of his quality playing for the Owls. He scores goals with either foot from any distance, can head the ball and can put a penalty away with no bother. He like other eighteen year olds are still maturing at that age. Since CC has left, our new coach, given the circumstances we are in with injuries, has had no alternative but to throw the youngsters in, and not one of them has looked out of place, we have some good young players ready to step up. Would any of them have got a game without the injuries i doubt it at this time, as we have a very strong squad when they are all fit. One thing for sure is they now are giving the coach something to think about and the future is starting to look bright, even if at the present time our position is not what us as fans were expecting for this season. Therefore it,s good to hear that GH situation has been sorted, and lets get the rest of them sorted before someone comes along and sticks them into there first team and we are stuck here thinking what could have been. W.A.W.A.W are we not George.

Grow up man for gods sake.

In case you hadn’t noticed there’s been a regime change at SWFC with a new CEO it was reported that one of her remits was to sort the GH situation. I stand by my original comment which was true of the situation at the time.

The only comedy gold is gained from an adults infantile comment.

So when you confidently said

"...The Hirst saga has been done to death, he's history at SWFC....."

You didn't really have a clue what was going on at SWFC, is that what you are telling us? :hihi:

So when you confidently said

You didn't really have a clue what was going on at SWFC, is that what you are telling us? :hihi:

Can you not read?? Follow the few words after the word "noticed".

Can you not read?? Follow the few words after the word "noticed".

You said

after the new CEO had been appointed

You said

after the new CEO had been appointed

It was a few days after the CEO had been appointed and before news emerged that one of her remits was to sort the GH situation out, you really do clutch at straws.

Incidently he's still far from a position of having a future at SWFC but at least signs are more positive.

According to todays press conference it,s very clear that GH future is a long way away from satisfactory solution, not being able to play for the first team. There is know doubt JL has been left a position non of us would be comfortable with, i personally would walk. Our Chairman and his advicers, for all the good he has done has a lot to answer too for our present on field performances. this season has been a disaster.

Edited by ALAN 58

Signed and sealed. Some good news on a frustrating day.

I think you spoke too soon