Another question on etiquette.

As the title suggests I have another question on etiquette, if you would please indulge me, dear people of Sheffield.

So, last week I moved house, this is the 5the time I've done such, but the first time that my neighbors have posted me a 'welcome to your new home' card. As such I am stumped as to how to respond. Do I; deliver a thank you card; invite them for tea and biscuit ; go around and introduce myself; or a combination / all of the above?

Where I live Several new neighbours have invited people round for a 'get to know' evening, I usually drop-off a £10.00 bottle of wine

and a packet of cheese biscuits a couple of days before. My thinking being if they have made the effort then I ( the lazy slob that I am )

can contribute.

Catch them when you're both going into the house one morning, or leaving for work or whatever, say thank you for the card and have a quick chat. Swat I'd do.

Catch them when you're both going into the house one morning, or leaving for work or whatever, say thank you for the card and have a quick chat. Swat I'd do.

That one night be easier said than done unfortunately. While their front doors are on the main road, I'm the end terrace and mine is around the corner, technically on the other road, but still part of the other street.

Just go round and introduce yourself and thank them for the welcome card and take it from there. Keep it simple :)

I'd do what Chelle said and while you're at it, you can engage them in conversation about 'other' neighbours and what's it like around here...anyone to avoid, what day the bins are done...Is there a local window cleaner...just general stuff like that...Nothing too intrusive though.

Seconded - at the very least I think you need to thank them for a thoughtful gesture and introduce yourself.

Yes, I'd pop round and introduce myself, thank them for their lovely card, and maybe ask them something about the area (where's the nearest....? Is there a good... nearby? etc. and take it from there.