Relocation of stocksbridge waste water treatment works

I visited the ‘information exhibition’ yesterday.

I appreciate the need for this work to be undertaken.

However, the event was a farce.

There was no-one there from the bus company, despite it causing major disruption to their services, the Council highways department said this was the first time they had seen the diversion plans and Yorkshire Water showed their proposed two options.

You decide which one you prefer. Strangely, not a question asked at the event.

Option One: Total closure from Vaughton hill to More Hall Lane.

To start on 16th April, to be completed by 3rd September.

Option Two: Partial closure including an 8-week total closure.

To start on 19 March. Completed by December 2018.

According to YW, this option will require more work from other utilities – not included in this option.

Proposed official Diversion route:

From Deepcar. By-pass to McDonalds – A61 to Halifax Road – Penistone Road to Sheffield or Leppings Lane via A6102 to Oughtibridge / Wharncliffe side.

As there was no public transport information, I am guessing, buses will be: Middlewood P&R via Leppings Lane, up Halifax Road to join the by-pass at Tankersley roundabout.

No idea how people living in Oughtibridge or Wharnclife side will get to P&R. Perhaps they will put on a shuttle bus to serve these communities?

I asked why the pipe could not follow the river course and was told that in case of a rupture the river water would be contaminated. Using a better pipe did not seem to be an option (as I was told in no uncertain terms).

It all seemed very cut and dry to me. And it’s all supposed to start in the next few weeks.

If there was ever a time when we needed a passenger rail link to Sheffield, It’s now. http://donvalleyrailway.org/

That bus diversion is going to add close to 30 minutes in the rush hour, that route is horrendous.

Not a very good presentation at the Venue.

Only one way in and out for the development.I asked why no access to station road between Lowoods and old station, highways would not allow for some reason.So if you want to go to the bypass and m1 you will have to go through 2 lots of lights and over a narrow bridge to get there"This would be avoided if an exit were on station road.

Hardly any info on buses ie.times routes.

Hope the developement and sewage move are a lot better

Looking forward to nightmare on vaughton hill next year

As previous comments we need a rail link to sheff.

Not a very good presentation at the Venue.

Only one way in and out for the development.I asked why no access to station road between Lowoods and old station, highways would not allow for some reason.So if you want to go to the bypass and m1 you will have to go through 2 lots of lights and over a narrow bridge to get there"This would be avoided if an exit were on station road.

Hardly any info on buses ie.times routes.

Hope the developement and sewage move are a lot better

Looking forward to nightmare on vaughton hill next year

As previous comments we need a rail link to sheff.

That will be an absolute nightmare , its bad enough already because of the narrow bridge . Imagine what it will be like with all the extra traffic using the diversion.

---------- Post added 27-02-2018 at 18:04 ----------

What permanently?

Why does a small housing estate need traffic lights on a main road?

Thats just going to cause more traffic to backup through Deepcar in the mornings.

The exit over the new bridge from the new estate is going to be a LFET TURN ONLY onto manchester rd apparently to avoid issues with traffic heading towards Deepcar along manchester rd.

Good evening. Does anyone know when the bus diversions will start and exactly where it will be please? I've looked on the stagecoach website and asked a couple of bus drivers on the route but no one could tell me. Thanks

Why? What "damages" are being made to their property?

If you had no way to get to you're house for months on end I bet you would be straight on the phone to claims are us.

once again the residents of Stockbridge will have to put up with major disruption for the benefit of a third party money maker this time bloor homes and who ever makes a killing building new houses on hollin busk.

Yeah, Capitalism sucks, we know.

But look on the bright side, eh ?

Yeah, Capitalism sucks, we know.

But look on the bright side, eh ?

my pot is all ways half empty.

So if you live in Wharncliffe Side and work at Fox Valley?

How long a journey would that employee be facing on public transport?

For getting home a canoe will be Quickest.

It would be nice if they could leave cycle access through the roadworks.

Surprised that Stagecoach were not there as it will be a major problem for bus users. Presume that the tramlink will run into Hillsborough as there is little point heading for Middlewood.

How about a direct bus to town during the works?

I supposed there won't be any kind of discounted fares for those who have to suffer through weeks of crappy service on their daily commute.