Laptop rebooting

I bought a new laptop last July and it has started rebooting itself and sometimes says updating when restarting. There is no warning it just does it, no blue screen it just goes black and starts as if just switching it on. I have looked in settings and run the troubleshooter but comes up clear. I have looked at Norton and made sure it is set to stay on after any scans. I regularly use Malwarebytes and not had any issues, I haven't downloaded anything and my AV scans all come back clear with no threats detected. Anyone got any ideas or should I just contact Acer or Tesco as I purchased it from there.

It will reboot after a windows update,if you miss the option to delay a reboot it probably does it after about 10 mins after the update..and it will do further actions after the first reboot after an update..can you look in the event log and see what's happened? (assuming Windows OS).Can you look at the Windows update history?

Just looked and had updates but not almost everyday, never had laptops that have just rebooted before.

Just looked and had updates but not almost everyday, never had laptops that have just rebooted before.

Try unplugging then take battery out leave for a couple of hours :hihi:

Try unplugging then take battery out leave for a couple of hours :hihi:

You can't take the battery out on this model without going inside.

You can't take the battery out on this model without going inside.

Very unusual . You will just have to hope Gosh Mozolan sees post and replies as he will sort it . Forum computer expert office West Bar does home visits brilliant and fair

Only take it back to tesco if still under guarantee cost a fortune gosh is your best bet used him for years he called at my home in S13 and sorted a laptop problem out last week

Edited by spider1

What's in the event logs?

In the updates it just says when the updates were installed, the laptop just rebooted about ten minutes ago and didn't say it was updating just rebooted itself.

Καλημέρα my friend, you're welcome to pop in with it so I can check and see what's causing the issue, there might be a failed update which keeps trying to rectify itself or similar. Get in touch please if you'd like to come this way so I can see what's going on.

Thanks MoZoLan have sent you a pm.