Old Pubs of Broomhall

Evening! Im looking for info on the old pubs of Broomhall. Landlords, stories (pictures?). Theres not much out there at the moment! Be interested to hear about Aberdeen House, Albany, Bath Hotel, Broomhall Tavern, Brunswick, Derby Hotel, Dog & Gun, Domino, Ecclesall Tavern, Hodgson Arms, Lincoln City Arms, Milton Arms, Poplar Tree Tavern, Scarborough Arms, Sheldon Hotel, Sportsmans Inn, Sunny Side Hotel, Vine Tavern! Cheers

sheffieldpubs at outlook.com

Hi, my Great Grandfather kept The Bath Hotel on Broomhall Street, this would have been in the 1920s. I think it was demolished in the 60's.

His name was Harry Birks.

Evening! Im looking for info on the old pubs of Broomhall. Landlords, stories (pictures?). Theres not much out there at the moment! Be interested to hear about Aberdeen House, Albany, Bath Hotel, Broomhall Tavern, Brunswick, Derby Hotel, Dog & Gun, Domino, Ecclesall Tavern, Hodgson Arms, Lincoln City Arms, Milton Arms, Poplar Tree Tavern, Scarborough Arms, Sheldon Hotel, Sportsmans Inn, Sunny Side Hotel, Vine Tavern! Cheers

the only ones left out of your list are the New Inn, The Devonshire, The Earl Grey and The Hanover Hotel which is the only one still open and trading as a pub, I was born in the area but I am at a loss at some of the names you have mentioned they don't seem at all familiar to the area

You need to go on the Sheffield History website, it has hundreds of pubs and the landlords who kept them down the years.

the only ones left out of your list are the New Inn, The Devonshire, The Earl Grey and The Hanover Hotel which is the only one still open and trading as a pub, I was born in the area but I am at a loss at some of the names you have mentioned they don't seem at all familiar to the area

Oxford House on Moore Street, my Grandparents pub.

Oxford House on Moore Street, my Grandparents pub.

I remember going in there for a Sunday dinner time pint with my dad more than 50 years ago.

When it got full there were a couple of overspill seats just inside the kitchen door where you ran the risk of getting a tray of yorkshires in your lap. :)

I remember going in there for a Sunday dinner time pint with my dad more than 50 years ago.

When it got full there were a couple of overspill seats just inside the kitchen door where you ran the risk of getting a tray of yorkshires in your lap. :)

Long way from Sedan Street for a Sunday dinner time pint Jim.

Long way from Sedan Street for a Sunday dinner time pint Jim.

Was living at Norton Lees at the time. Still a fair distance but I wasn't driving. :)

The Milton was on Milton Street , tha knows ;;)

Im not sure if it falls inside the boundary of broomhall but I used to go in a pub called the peacock at the bottom of fitzwilliam street circa 1970

Im not sure if it falls inside the boundary of broomhall but I used to go in a pub called the peacock at the bottom of fitzwilliam street circa 1970

Landlords name was Walter Scott.