Why here? Go ask Google!

Why do people ask questions on here? I mean questions like, what bus runs from here to there, or what shop sells this..they ask these questions then usually have to wait a few hours or a few days for a reply. I don't mind the questions for opinions on things, questions about local events or really technical or complicated questions etc because that's something you usually just can't ask Google and get a straight answer

They could look for an answer them selfs on Google search and get the answers themselfs straight away, with alot less typing and alot less effort.

Btw not a stab at lonely people wanting to talk (I'm one my self) and I'm sure they sometimes post questions easily answerable just for the want to chat to people. Also not ago at the people who like to use this site but ain't so technically minded and wouldn't know they are able to get an answer so easily and quickly..

So why? Any other reasons apart from ones mentioned? Thanks for reading guys.

I'm aware of the irony by the way. but theirs no Micky taking im actually really curious to know if what I've said are really the only reasons.

I guess most of the time tbh the questions people are asking are actually wanting sheffield-ers opinions

liek the bus question some people won't no how to use the first bus site and work out what bus they need etc its easier to say 'what bus do I need to go from the Rhallamshire to bents green' etc I have done it sometimes I find it easier

Why do people ask questions on here? I mean questions like, what bus runs from here to there, or what shop sells this..they ask these questions then usually have to wait a few hours or a few days for a reply. I don't mind the questions for opinions on things, questions about local events or really technical or complicated questions etc because that's something you usually just can't ask Google and get a straight answer

They could look for an answer them selfs on Google search and get the answers themselfs straight away, with alot less typing and alot less effort.

Btw not a stab at lonely people wanting to talk (I'm one my self) and I'm sure they sometimes post questions easily answerable just for the want to chat to people. Also not ago at the people who like to use this site but ain't so technically minded and wouldn't know they are able to get an answer so easily and quickly..

I'm aware of the irony by the way. but theirs no Micky taking im actually really curious to know if what I've said are really the only reasons.

A bit 'meta', but maybe this will help...

http://bfy.tw/GeJs

A bit 'meta', but maybe this will help...

http://bfy.tw/GeJs

I use to post these lol didn't think people still did... But funny yea I didn't think this was a question for Google.

I use to post these lol didn't think people still did... But funny yea I didn't think this was a question for Google.

No, it's probably not a question for Google! :)

I guess you get a more personal response to a lot of questions you can ask here, also, a question can be the start of a discussion...

I think some people are just lazy and want others to do it for them.

I think some people are just lazy and want others to do it for them.

That's probably a good reason, especially if it's technical and alot of researching is needed for the answer. When all they want is a simple answer to their question.

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 16:27 ----------

also, a question can be the start of a discussion...

True that questions do lead to conversation street.

Btw

not a stab at lonely people wanting to talk (I'm one my self) and I'm sure they sometimes post questions easily answerable just for the want to chat to people. Also not ago at the people who like to use this site but ain't so technically minded and wouldn't know they are able to get an answer so easily and quickly..

Wondered the same myself. I think you may be on the money when you say, "ometimes post questions easily answerable just for the want to chat to people.". Sad if that is the reason.

Angel1.

Local knowledge can be useful. Sometimes the "next bus" site tells me to walk for 15 minutes to a particular stop to catch a different route, but I know that if I wait I can catch a faster service from a much closer stop.

Well, YOU are!

Well, yeah but if you bothered to read my post properly you would have understood that the question I asked which is about Sheffield forum users would not be answerable by Google. That's the whole point of my thread. And actually i am ashamed to be honest that your a moderator and are allowed to try and belittle people like that with your condescending reply.

Could it be that Google is crap or not up to date.

I searched Google for swimming pool opening times it gave me a timetable that is out of date, i didn't ask on here though as the pool isn't in Sheffield.

So i had to fall back on the old media application of making a phone call.