Anyone good with google maps?

I am planning a trip and wish you mark all the places to visit on google maps, is it possible to mark each location with a little description? and is it also possible to save the route to be taken along the way?

Thanks in advance for any help

I'm sure you can download maps to phones and tablets for use offline later, that way you only need a gps signal and not a data one to use navigation.

I'm sure you can download maps to phones and tablets for use offline later, that way you only need a gps signal and not a data one to use navigation.

Thanks Mickey Finn, i dont think i explained myself very well, i also would like to see the places pinned to the map when i open it, so at a glance i can see all the pinned places, thanks but i am probably asking for the impossible

Thanks Mickey Finn, i dont think i explained myself very well, i also would like to see the places pinned to the map when i open it, so at a glance i can see all the pinned places, thanks but i am probably asking for the impossible

Think you are asking a bit to much from google maps etc. I have a tom tom 950 that you can do this quite easy put markers on routes etc plan long journeys etc. But a satnav on a phone doubt it :hihi

For you you may as well buy a map and mark it up its not going to talk to you and give street names directions like a t. t. 950 but as good as youre going to get / May you can hire a t.t or borrow one from a mate

Edited by spider1

I'm just looking at this, might be what you want.

https://www.lifewire.com/make-custom-route-on-google-maps-4126536

thanks, i will check that out

Think you are asking a bit to much from google maps etc. I have a tom tom 950 that you can do this quite easy put markers on routes etc plan long journeys etc. But a satnav on a phone doubt it :hihi:

no, i dont need it on my phone, but i would just like to plan it out on my pc, i could always print it off when i go

thanks for all the help guys, its very much appreciated, just looking at it all now

:thumbsup::thumbsup: