GP surgeries in Sheffield

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/listed-the-lowest-ranked-gp-surgeries-in-sheffield-as-rated-by-you-1-9017959

Not great news to hear that Crystal Peaks Medical Center is classed as a poor performer but im beginning to think they could be right. I sent the practice an email 7 days ago now and i still have not had a response from the practice manager or anyone else for that matter. I have sent them another email today asking them to please respond. I really do not want to make a formal complaint , but if i do not hear from them in the next 7 days , then i will not hesitate to do so as this is not the way to treat patients in their care :(

To be fair, I'm surprised Foxhill Medical Centre hasn't been voted one of the worst in Sheffield...

Went to see my quack at our brand new surgery, only one person in the waiting room beside me. When the screen lit to tell a patient it is their turn, the other patient was seeing a different Doctor to me. A minute later it was my turn, on leaving, the waiting room was still empty. Problems with seeing a GP where we live is nonexistant.

NHS, best thing since sliced bread.

Angel1.

Went to see my quack at our brand new surgery, only one person in the waiting room beside me. When the screen lit to tell a patient it is their turn, the other patient was seeing a different Doctor to me. A minute later it was my turn, on leaving, the waiting room was still empty. Problems with seeing a GP where we live is nonexistant.

NHS, best thing since sliced bread.

Angel1.

Please tell us where this is then we can all go.;)

The slideshow doesn't seem to be working, any chance of a list best and worse.

The slideshow doesn't seem to be working, any chance of a list best and worse.

I know Southey Green Medical Centre was in the bottom 20. It's not my Doctors but is my Mum's and I've got to say I find it awful.

The receptionist couldn't photocopy the right paper to arrange a prescription.

Have been told on more than one occasion that a prescription has been sent to the chemist when it hasn't.

Mum has been a patient there for years and Dr's have rung her back in the past but for some strange reason they were ringing her back on a different number a few weeks ago when her number has never changed.

They give you a ticket with your number on when attending an appointment then you have to ask everyone else in the waiting room what number they are and which doctor they want to see so you know when the light flashes if it's your turn. And don't get me started about one of the Dr's there:rant::rant:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/listed-the-lowest-ranked-gp-surgeries-in-sheffield-as-rated-by-you-1-9017959

Not great news to hear that Crystal Peaks Medical Center is classed as a poor performer but im beginning to think they could be right. I sent the practice an email 7 days ago now and i still have not had a response from the practice manager or anyone else for that matter. I have sent them another email today asking them to please respond. I really do not want to make a formal complaint , but if i do not hear from them in the next 7 days , then i will not hesitate to do so as this is not the way to treat patients in their care :(

Are you sure the email address is correct as most practice only respond to complaints by post and the email address normally provides are rarly checked

Thankfully they eventually got back to me by email regarding my inquiry.

I was given there email address by the clerical staff at the practice when i asked for it.

We live in the age of emails these days and the only reason that leaps to my mind if practices do not want to correspond to you via email is simply that they want to draw out a process of communication longer than necessary , probably in the hope that you just give up asking for information. My previous employers used this tactic a lot, one of the managers referred to it as the long game.

the practice i visit was in the bottom 20 but have been going there since 1984 never really had a problem .

Without telling how many people voted good or bad out of the total number registered at the practice practice the poll is meaningless

I shall not name and shame, it’s not my style. When I visited my GP practice, prior to being diagnosed as suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, the senior partner, who had never met me previously, told me prior to discussing what I had come for, that he wanted to discuss my obesity and chain smoking. I replied that I was six feet one inch tall, weighed fourteen and a half stones and was a none smoker, he had obviously hit the wrong key on his computer, but could see that I wasn’t obese. I told him that he was incompetent and would not see him again, he didn’t appear to be concerned, and referred me to the Hallamshire.

I received great service at the Hallamshire and was eventually stabilised by regular injections, however I still had to visit my GP practice for prescriptions, blood pressure readings and weight registering. I was allocated another partner who told me that I was not suffering from R/A, I said that Professor ****** and Dr ****** did not agree with her, she asked who they were to give advice to her patient, I answered that she would know after I had spoken to them, which did happen. I discovered later that she had retired from medicine after many complaints from patients.

I don't know where Gleadless Medical Centre came but in my opinion that should have been at the bottom. A couple of the reception staff there are vile, the ones that have been there that long that they have took up root. I know the challenges they face on a daily basis but a smile wouldn't go a miss. However some of them are nice. As for the doctors I could rant about them all day. I often wonder how I'm still breathing.

Edited by JD1EVIE66

JD1EVIE66

Re: GP surgeries in Sheffield

I don't know where Gleadless Medical Centre came but in my opinion that should have been at the bottom. A couple of the reception staff there are vile, the ones that have been there that long that they have took up root. I know the challenges they face on a daily basis but a smile wouldn't go a miss. However some of them are nice. As for the doctors I could rant about them all day. I often wonder how I'm still breathing.

Some poor people are not, hope the link works .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43161929