Misleading indicating at this junction.

When cars coming down Walkley Lane intending to bear left down towards the bridge, indicate to do so, it gives a misleading impression that they are intending to turn off left onto Morley Street, which is just before the Walkley Lane turn off.

Is this an accident waiting to happen?

I've often thought this. It is an accident waiting to happen

When you see a car indicate you should slow down and allow them to make the minuver, no matter what their intention.

Similarly, if you are awaiting to pull out of either of the juntions onto Walkley Lane and see a car indicate, you should remain put until it has began the minuvre and it is clear which turn it is taking.

Only idiot, impatient drivers will cause the accident here. Of which we sadly have many on the road. :mad:

Edited by niallzi

When I was taught to drive (man with red flag was walking in front!!!) I was told " if a vehicle comming towards you has indicator on DON`T you move until you see their wheels turning from straight ahead position"

When you see a car indicate you should slow down and allow them to make the minuver, no matter what their intention.

Similarly, if you are awaiting to pull out of either of the juntions onto Walkley Lane and see a car indicate, you should remain put until it has began the minuvre and it is clear which turn it is taking.

Only idiot, impatient drivers will cause the accident here. Of which we sadly have many on the road. :mad:

In practise when waiting to pull out of a junction and see a car indicating, most of us inch out if the indicating car is also clearly slowing down as well, making you feel confident that the car is turning.

That's the issue with this particular junction, cars coming down Walkley Lane intending to bear left down towards the bridge, as well as indicating will usually also slow down to do the manoeuvre, making it seem even more convincing that their intention is to turn off onto Morley Street.

Edited by Guest

When cars coming down Walkley Lane intending to bear left down towards the bridge, indicate to do so, it gives a misleading impression that they are intending to turn off left onto Morley Street, which is just before the Walkley Lane turn off.

Is this an accident waiting to happen?

It's hardly unique to have two junctions in close proximity. Heading towards town from Walkley if you intend to go down Springvale Road you need to be signaling whilst on Howard Road before the junction with Upperthorpe.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3879879,-1.4978923,3a,75y,180h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sCj2hFtljNc7KQ2etP2RDxg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Like other people have said - never assume a car signalling is going to turn until they are into the manoeuvre.

It's hardly unique to have two junctions in close proximity. Heading towards town from Walkley if you intend to go down Springvale Road you need to be signaling whilst on Howard Road before the junction with Upperthorpe.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3879879,-1.4978923,3a,75y,180h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sCj2hFtljNc7KQ2etP2RDxg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Like other people have said - never assume a car signalling is going to turn until they are into the manoeuvre.

I'm familiar with that particular place, I've through there many times; it somehow doesn't have the same hazardous feel to the Walkley Lane/Morley Street junction.

Edited by Guest